Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

3 hours ago, outoftown said:

Hmm. Somebody has to properly explain the difference between Kingsbury and Graham Harrell to me.

Has been a successful OC at a P5!  Has P5  head coaching exp At a P5 with a 50% winning %! Proven to be able to recruit and develop top NFL talent! Should be able to recruit top G5 talent instead of competing against the Big 10 boys. If not a head coach he will be a OC at a P5!  

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2

1 hour ago, LittleMeanGreenMan said:

I swear Vito has a secret desire for Seth to leave.  Only guy writing Seth as ties into these jobs. 

Ummm, no.   Here are two links from Pete Fiutak with College Football News showing him as the #4 rated candidate for the North Carolina job and #2 for the Texas Tech job.  

https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/11/kliff-kingsbury-fired-5-top-candidates-for-texas-tech-job

https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/11/larry-fedora-fired-5-top-candidates-for-north-carolina-job

.. and the only reason he is rated #4 for UNC is because "Littrell is probably more likely to take the Texas Tech job".  So, it's not just Vito.  Unbiased national writers know what's up too ...

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

If Littrell were to leave for a P5 now, it makes sense to me that it would be to school that’s not “a football school.” I think that Seth or a guy like Neal Brown aren’t going to get a shot at a big time P5 program that’s football-first with their resumes as-is. Both have had success in places where success has been difficult to come by, but when “I brought winning back to Denton/Troy” is your closing argument, that’s not going to be enough at Tech or another P5 where football defines the entire athletic program. At a place like Indiana or Kansas or NC, though, it might be enough. To get a shot at a P5 football-first school, Seth and Neal need to go the PJ Fleck route: crush your recruiting every year, win more games than you did the year before, play for conference championships and win them, and win/be competitive in your P5 games and bowl games. I think Neal is further along that progression than Seth, but I don’t think either of them are on the radar of a P5 football-first school right now. EDIT: while I was writing this drivel, it looks like UNC is going #BackToMack! 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Ray 1

30 minutes ago, untbowler said:

Solid hire for UNC, TX Tech should go after Venables and hire Harrell as OC 

I would be all in to let GH go to Tech. Let them play offense for only 1/2 a game...

I still don't see SL getting his big break this year. Yea he won 9 games against a weak schedule, should of been more, last year wins west division...loses bad in the bowl game...OK, its looks like he signed a good class this year but not official yet. Just don't see it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Wag Tag said:

I don't understand how Norvell at Memphis is not at the top of these list. Proven winner and strong recruiter for a length of time.

Thats the point I have been trying to make. Yes Seth has worked miracles at UNT but I think he is lower on the pecking order than some on the board envision.

Norvell- Memphis

Satterfield- App State

Wells- Utah State

Tedford- Fresno State

Brown- Troy

I believe all these could put head coaching resumes up against Seth and win. I think it benefits both Seth and UNT him staying one more year. And its not like he is making peanuts. 1.6 million is twice as much as Neal Brown is making

3 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Thats the point I have been trying to make. Yes Seth has worked miracles at UNT but I think he is lower on the pecking order than some on the board envision.

Norvell- Memphis

Satterfield- App State

Wells- Utah State

Tedford- Fresno State

Brown- Troy

I believe all these could put head coaching resumes up against Seth and win. I think it benefits both Seth and UNT him staying one more year. And its not like he is making peanuts. 1.6 million is twice as much as Neal Brown is making

I cant believe Arkansas didn't hire Norvell! That was stupid! I also think some of these coaches are tied to the regions they currently coach. Tedford and Wells will be tied to the Pac. Norvelle, Satt and Brown will be ACC or big 12.