Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

Just now, outoftown said:

Because the moment his protege left kind of coincides with the moment Fedoras tenure started going south.

If that's the case hire Blake Anderson. He was oc before Seth and was fedora oc when he was winning 11 games at southern miss the reason unc  hired fedora in the first place. Blake has won conference titles and bowl game as a hc 2 things Seth doesn't have on his resume. 

• Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

This is like tech job. I don't think Seth will be a canidate. Why pay 10 million to fire fedora to hire his protege? 

3 minutes ago, outoftown said:

Because the moment his protege left kind of coincides with the moment Fedoras tenure started going south.

"Protege" isn't really an accurate description of SL's relation to Fodera anyway.  SL was already a hotshot offensive guru before he ever set foot in Chapel Hill.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

If that's the case hire Blake Anderson. He was oc before Seth and was fedora oc when he was winning 11 games at southern miss the reason unc  hired fedora in the first place. Blake has won conference titles and bowl game as a hc 2 things Seth doesn't have on his resume. 

It would be a logical move too. I would assume he is on the list. But you seem to assume folks in charge will make logical and thought through moves. I don't.

Edited by outoftown

The crazy thing about the coaching carousel is that coaches start to make choices, and those choices ricochet all over the nation.  Is SL that for sure, no doubt, G5 to P5 dream hire?  No way.

However, coaches making choices can cause AD's to either panic, or have to hire someone they really didn't want in the first place   For example, what if Brohm really doesn't want to leave for Purdue for Louisville?  Well then the UL AD has to start looking at other candidates, and maybe makes panic hire before other schools can hire away the "best leftovers".

Either way, if he hires a coach, it opens up a vacancy.  Maybe someone nobody is thinking might leave right now, then that causes more ripples in the pond.

I desperately want SL to stay and sign this class.  I won't breathe easy for a few months though.  

4 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

The crazy thing about the coaching carousel is that coaches start to make choices, and those choices ricochet all over the nation.  Is SL that for sure, no doubt, G5 to P5 dream hire?  No way.

However, coaches making choices can cause AD's to either panic, or have to hire someone they really didn't want in the first place   For example, what if Brohm really doesn't want to leave for Purdue for Louisville?  Well then the UL AD has to start looking at other candidates, and maybe makes panic hire before other schools can hire away the "best leftovers".

Either way, if he hires a coach, it opens up a vacancy.  Maybe someone nobody is thinking might leave right now, then that causes more ripples in the pond.

I desperately want SL to stay and sign this class.  I won't breathe easy for a few months though.  

Agree. However he is young. And I think his inexperience showed this year. I think that inexperience is going to scare big programs away at this point. 

In the meantime. He’s building a great culture. Starting to (hopefully) make good strides in recruiting. If we can get this class and another good class while at the same time he continues to gain experience and grow. He’ll be a huge get in a couple of years if he wants to move up. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Agree. However he is young. And I think his inexperience showed this year. I think that inexperience is going to scare big programs away at this point.  

You assume that they watched as closely as we did. The sad news is that the folks making the decisions often watch less of the games their new coach coached this season, than the fans of those programs. I doubt your average AD has all those games cut up so that he can watch them in "only" 12 hours per candidate.

Edited by outoftown

@TheReal_jayD

it may be too ealry right now, but i think you guys should do a podcast where you guys address all rumors and speculation to the best of your abilities. 

I would also like to hear the podcast's thoughts on MF's comments. Maybe even have BV to talk about the article.

#GMG

Edited by agw0038
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, agw0038 said:

@TheReal_jayD

it may be too ealry right now, but i think you guys should do a podcast where you guys address all rumors and speculation to the best of your abilities. 

I would also like to hear the podcast's thoughts on MF's comments. Maybe even have BV to talk about the article.

#GMG

I like that idea