Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

30 minutes ago, Harry said:

Kansas U is a P5 coaches graveyard & the record is there to prove it.  Great basketball school, though.

Littrell needs to close 3 classes in a row of a bunch of 3 star recruits then North Texas can get out of its own wilderness.  Boyhowdy has this season ever turned into “The Tale of Two Seasons.”😳

➡️ Somethings going on in the locker room we will never be privy to I’d almost bet.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Ray 2

Long is an idiot! (Arkansas) I could se him hiring the 65 Les to get a splash!  Doren would be a homerun if he would take the job. Somebody had mentioned KU football scollys are a mess. Louisville, Purdue, Colorado are the ones Seth should be interested in. Brohm doesn’t go to Louisville I could see the Troy coach in the mix big time! Wasn’t that long ago Louisville was top 5!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Kansas U is a P5 coaches graveyard & the record is there to prove it.  Great basketball school, though.

Littrell needs to close 3 classes in a row of a bunch of 3 star recruits then North Texas can get out of its own wilderness.  Boyhowdy has this season ever turned into “The Tale of Two Seasons.”😳

➡️ Somethings going on in the locker room we will never be privy to I’d almost bet.

GMG!

This is one of your worst posts.  These kids don’t know how to handle expectations bc there haven’t been any.  Media and fans saw undefeated season in front of us they couldn’t shoulder burden.  Play calling also went to shit. 

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, untbowler said:

this is such a whipping, if Seth wants to go, then just go, take GH with you and let Wren hire the next coach and prep for 2019, this season is turning into Seth's first season where he started great and then faltered down the stretch losing 5 of 6

Definitely take  GH with him....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

19 hours ago, GMG24 said:

This is one of your worst posts.  These kids don’t know how to handle expectations bc there haven’t been any.  Media and fans saw undefeated season in front of us they couldn’t shoulder burden.  Play calling also went to shit. 

Oh no, I’ve had many more worst posts.  Approaching age 68 this month I now have an excuse.

GMG!

• Haha 3

Seth came to North Texas and said the mission was to "Win championships and win bowl games". We have yet to do either. I would hope he would stay and complete the mission before moving on to greener pastures.

Plus, I think he still has areas where he needs to improve. If Littrell were to take a mid to lower P5 job after this season, I do not believe he will be very successful at his new location. I just don't think he is ready yet.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

Seth came to North Texas and said the mission was to "Win championships and win bowl games". We have yet to do either. I would hope he would stay and complete the mission before moving on to greener pastures.

Plus, I think he still has areas where he needs to improve. If Littrell were to take a mid to lower P5 job after this season, I do not believe he will be very successful at his new location. I just don't think he is ready yet.

If I'm a potential employer, and I'm good at it, I'm not only looking at the numbers (W-L, stats), I'm looking at our recruiting class rankings from the last 3-5 years, and how they compare to our conference peers.  Maybe you can split a few hairs with what he's done here with these classes but I think it is unwise to ignore it.

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, greenminer said:

If I'm a potential employer, and I'm good at it, I'm not only looking at the numbers (W-L, stats), I'm looking at our recruiting class rankings from the last 3-5 years, and how they compare to our conference peers.  Maybe you can split a few hairs with what he's done here with these classes but I think it is unwise to ignore it.

I believe what he has done with the skill position players is remarkable, but his attention to the trenches is lacking. Games are still won and lost at the line of scrimmage. This season's recruits seem to be much better then past classes, but I'm concerned some may look at other opportunities, while our coach is doing the same.

21 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

but his attention to the trenches is lacking. 

SL hasn't recruited linemen well, not even compared to our conference.  Which is the point I was trying to make: a potential employer is going to look at his record here and should also see what level of recruit he's doing it with.  IMO, I think it's remarkable.

24 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

Let's see how we play tonight.  Maybe we were looking past ODU at this rematch.  If we get rolled by 30 again, like last year, what happens to all this talk?

It’s not possible that he has a deal in place now? Perhaps he is distracted because of it and that is why we got rolled over last week.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Downvote 3

14 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

It’s not possible that he has a deal in place now? Perhaps he is distracted because of it and that is why we got rolled over last week.

Deals get undone.  Happens every offseason.  Granted, a UNC might overlook a late season collapse by virtue of their recent experience with him on staff.  Not sure how some of these other schools we’re hearing wouldn’t get cold feet if we were to follow up that ODU collapse with another butt kicking at the hands of FAU.  At that point you’ll hear a lot more scrutiny about the kinds of teams we’re beating (ie, nobody with a winning record this year, etc).

8 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

Deals get undone.  Happens every offseason.  Granted, a UNC might overlook a late season collapse by virtue of their recent experience with him on staff.  Not sure how some of these other schools we’re hearing wouldn’t get cold feet if we were to follow up that ODU collapse with another butt kicking at the hands of FAU.  At that point you’ll hear a lot more scrutiny about the kinds of teams we’re beating (ie, nobody with a winning record this year, etc).

UT and LSU weren’t scared at all by a down season at UH by ok.cool.hookem guy

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

UT and LSU weren’t scared at all by a down season at UH by ok.cool.hookem guy

Herman went from a 13-1 record to a 9-3 record the year UT hired him.  That last year at UH he won all his OOC games, but lost 3 conference games, and finished 3rd in the west division of his conference...

1 hour ago, Cerebus said:

Herman went from a 13-1 record to a 9-3 record the year UT hired him.  That last year at UH he won all his OOC games, but lost 3 conference games, and finished 3rd in the west division of his conference...

...and beat a then top 5 ranked OU in one of those OOC games along with landing Ed Oliver and using him to embarrass the Heisman QB from Louisville.

The similarities aren’t all that similar.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

...and beat a then top 5 ranked OU in one of those OOC games along with landing Ed Oliver and using him to embarrass the Heisman QB from Louisville.

So he beat a P5 team and then lost 3 conference games?  I guess that is pretty different.   😁

34 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

Ed Oliver would not have gone to UH if his brother weren’t already there. Not the recruiting coup he would have you believe.

Edited by Cr1028