Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

7 hours ago, smoothfresh said:

I haven’t posted in along time but I’m going to put this right here.  My family is also a long time K-State season ticket holder and Manhattan is my hometown.  Anyone who knows me knows my story... we adopted North Texas when Apogee opened and love North Texas.   

I’ll tell you right now this is true and wouldn’t be surprised if things materialize quickly   

Seth Littrell's agent has been in Manhattan twice recently in the last few weeks, including within the last 7 days.

Are the K-State rumors true about Seth Littrell?

Rumors are spreading that Littrell's "agent" has been in Manhattan recently, but GoPowercat checked with a source with knowledge of Littrell's representation and was told that no one from Littrell's camp has been in Manhattan on behalf of Littrell. Another source close to Littrell told GoPowercat that it's likely Littrell will sit tight at North Texas for the immediate future, which could be an indication he is eying the Oklahoma job in the case that Lincoln Riley is indeed hired by an NFL franchise.

read more:  https://247sports.com/college/kansas-state/Article/Kansas-State-football-new-head-coach-Seth-Littrell-K-State-Bill-Snyder-North-Texas-124092961/Amp/

8 hours ago, Harry said:

Are the K-State rumors true about Seth Littrell?

Rumors are spreading that Littrell's "agent" has been in Manhattan recently, but GoPowercat checked with a source with knowledge of Littrell's representation and was told that no one from Littrell's camp has been in Manhattan on behalf of Littrell. Another source close to Littrell told GoPowercat that it's likely Littrell will sit tight at North Texas for the immediate future, which could be an indication he is eying the Oklahoma job in the case that Lincoln Riley is indeed hired by an NFL franchise.

read more:  https://247sports.com/college/kansas-state/Article/Kansas-State-football-new-head-coach-Seth-Littrell-K-State-Bill-Snyder-North-Texas-124092961/Amp/

I'm sorry, but for all of the amazing things Seth Littrell is doing here, he's going to have to do better in order to jump directly to Oklahoma.   Cant drop double-digit leads to LATech & UAB and move straight from NT to Oklahoma.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

13 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

So who has been seen on our campus visiting with the AD and walking around? I was hoping he would stay another year for the players he brought into the program to rebuild it.  I think Littrell owes the players at least that.  

That would be a never-ending cycle then.   He's not going to alter his own career path to appease players.  He'll trust Wren will put them in good hands when he leaves.

This is uncharted territory for Mean Green fans to stomach (unless you were here during the Hayden Fry years).  We haven't had to face the idea that one of our coaches was so successful that he'd be poached.
I get the fear/consternation, but brace yourself, because if it maybe doesn't happen after this season, it will happen soon enough.

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I'm sorry, but for all of the amazing things Seth Littrell is doing here, he's going to have to do better in order to jump directly to Oklahoma.   Cant drop double-digit leads to LATech & UAB and move straight from NT to Oklahoma.

The question is would OU hire a successful OC or DC from a p5? Seth has done that and been a successful head coach with also being an alum. The combination of the above would get him the job.

If Snyder actually retires (and that's a BIG if) and if they don't hire his son (much smaller if), I think Kansas State will look to keep it in the KSU family. The last time they didn't was a colossal disaster (Ron Prince). My guess is Kansas State will focus on Brent Venerables and Jim Leavitt. They can't afford for this Snyder deal to be ugly and divide their fan base. With Kansas prepared to double down on football, KSU will need everyone on the same page. An "in the family" hire will do that. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

That would be a never-ending cycle then.   He's not going to alter his own career path to appease players.  He'll trust Wren will put them in good hands when he leaves.

This is uncharted territory for Mean Green fans to stomach (unless you were here during the Hayden Fry years).  We haven't had to face the idea that one of our coaches was so successful that he'd be poached.
I get the fear/consternation, but brace yourself, because if it maybe doesn't happen after this season, it will happen soon enough.

Yep and we should embrace it. It means we are winning! I still say Seth returns next year but is gone after posting back to back 10 wins seasons.

• Upvote 2

Do you think the university or the coach is more important to recruits and players.

Let's say Nick Sabin retires from Bama and decides to semi-retire at UNT.  Do the players and recruits head on to BAMA or follow the coach here.  You can insert any team in this situation I am just using UNT as an example.  I wonder if Sabin could have success since he has been at a school where they have the pick of the litter.  Could he go out recruit or has he forgotten how to.  Kinda like Coach Mac but I think he might have had bigger issues he was dealing with.

Just my opinion here, but I don't think Seth is going anywhere until AT LEAST Mason Fine graduates.  They are joined at the hip, and they genuinely like each other.  Plus there is the Loveless connection which adds to the "family" ties Seth has locally.  Then, there is the fact that he just obtained a lake place nearby for family and friends gatherings and relaxation.

Add to that the fact that he has not accomp0lished one of his personal goals (winning a bowl and a conference championship at UNT), and I think he stays.  Plus, a new contact of up to $2,000,000 is probably in the works.

Opportunities will come to Seth should he pass on K-State and remain at UNT awhile.  He is a "young and up and coming HC:" and people are taking notice.  So, sure, he will probably mover on at some point in the not so distant future...just not this next year I believe.  Like I said, just my opinion.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Downvote 1

Beaty Will Not Be Retained at the Conclusion of the Season

LAWRENCE, Kan. – David Beaty will not be retained as Head Football Coach at the University of Kansas at the conclusion of the season, KU Athletics Director Jeff Long announced today.

"After a thorough evaluation of the program, I believe that new leadership is necessary for our football team to move forward and compete at the highest level of the Big 12 Conference," Long said.  "I know that Coach Beaty cares deeply about his players, and I respect that.  The student-athletes on this team have continued to play hard – and I am confident they will do that for the rest of the season."

Beaty has coached the Jayhawks for three-plus seasons, amassing a 6-39 record, 2-31 in Big 12 Conference play. He will continue to coach the team until the regular season concludes against Texas on Friday, November 23. He signed a five-year contract in December 2014, which was extended two years (through 2021) in December 2016.

Long informed Beaty of his decision Sunday and met with the football team directly afterwards.  "The search for a new head coach will begin immediately," he said.

https://kuathletics.com/news/2018/11/4/football-beaty-will-not-be-retained-at-the-conclusion-of-the-season.aspx