Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

On 10/17/2018 at 5:45 PM, 97and03 said:

I doubt this falls into the Flutie effect in regards to admissions figures, but more likely reconnected many estranged alumni and could have some impact on donations and ticket purchases.

It has done WONDERS for North Texas and the Mean Green as a national brand. 

I seem to remember when TCU started their upward trend that their new student applications went through the roof. At least that’s what was reported.  Applicants probably had no idea what it would cost to go there.

• Ray 1

He's gone right when a top 40 or 50 'P5' program wants him. That equates to at minimum 3 mil per and at least the "possibility" of winning. But I don't think he gets a call this year. And if the defense is going to be a 30ish ppg defense next year as I anticipate, don't think anyone comes after him next year either. And in theory, most hot coaches get plucked within their first 4 or 5 yr contract. He very well may be a Skip Holtz kind of coach like MgNation suggested a day or so ago. I think the ideal situation for Littrell is for UNT to have a monster year in Fines senior season. I think I can say this with some level of confidence, if Littrell is here for the 2020 season, he will be here for quite some time. But he doesn't put his name in the Pandora box known as Jimmy Sexton without the intent of going somewhere. It'd be like renting a tux just to wear around the house. 

• Upvote 1

We have to stop these conversations.  He is our coach, we should be thrilled to have him, as he done an amazing job with our program in 3 years.  I would guess for the right job he will leave, but I do think he knows he can build here and could in not much more time turn this into a top 25 program year after year.  This could land us in a better conference which could keep him here longer.  

At TCU coach Petterson would not be there if they did not move to the big 12, in my opinion.  That made that a higher level job.  not saying we will be in the big 12.  But I do think in the next 2-4 years there will be a remake of all conferences.

We are paying Coach Littrell well, and I am sure we will expand that as his results continue on this path.

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 1