Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

16 hours ago, DallasGreen said:

If we play like in the last two games, we won't have to worry about any poaching. We made too many mistakes against La Tech and against UTEP we were just plain awful. I attended both and we were damn lucky to beat UTEP. We were one fourth down dropped pass from a real embarrasement!!!

*waits for two months to sign back on and crap on a 5-1 North Texas team*

I'm sorry there was too much fun going on for you to come back and say something negative sooner.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 2
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Aldo said:

*waits for two months to sign back on and crap on a 5-1 North Texas team*

I'm sorry there was too much fun going on for you to come back and say something negative sooner.

What exactly did he say that was incorrect? We lost one game and squeaked by the worst team in FBS because we were not very focused. We could have lost to UTEP had their receiver pulled in that 4th down pass. He was open.  I think his concerns are valid.

2 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

What exactly did he say that was incorrect? We lost one game and squeaked by the worst team in FBS because we were not very focused. We could have lost to UTEP had their receiver pulled in that 4th down pass. He was open.  I think his concerns are valid.

It's what he didn't say when NT was flying high earlier on.    Some folks just like to see NT fail.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

It's what he didn't say when NT was flying high earlier on.    Some folks just like to see NT fail.

So he spends money to support the program and attend games (including a road game) because he wants to see the program fail? 

Ok...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

So he spends money to support the program and attend games (including a road game) because he wants to see the program fail? 

Ok...

Apparently.   Odd, I know.
Don't ever hear from the dude when things are going well.  Lots of people who rarely post will check-in and pat the team on the back when things are rocking.
Can always count on DallasGreen to stop by for a few kicks when the team is down though.

Better question:  "Why spend money to support the program and attend games (including a road game) if you want to see the program fail?"

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

The comment concerns his constant berating NT and all-hailing of SMU, not a comment of what transpired last weekend.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Aldo said:

The comment concerns his constant berating NT and all-hailing of SMU, not a comment of what transpired last weekend.

Yes he is a grumpy poster. 

Hlad we can agree that we need to play better than we did the last two games or we will lose against better opponents.

• Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

TT out Kansas out who is in? He is the highest paid coach in C-USA if he gets more raise the buyout!

I can't imagine a raise without an increased buy out. The increased buy out actually HELPS Seth as it weeds out schools with less resources. If another school wants him, they need to REALY want him! That's better for him as well.

10 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

I can't imagine a raise without an increased buy out. The increased buy out actually HELPS Seth as it weeds out schools with less resources. If another school wants him, they need to REALY want him! That's better for him as well.

I don't think Seth needs help weeding out schools he's not interested in.  No matter what the buyout is it won't stop any team he would be interested in.  More money for him and his staff ... larger buyout for us ... sounds good to me. 

• Lovely Take 1

7 hours ago, Philip Ferguson said:

I was just about to post the same article! It was a great read.

"According to media impressions gathered by the school, there was an "ad value equivalency" of $19.5 million. Almost 600 million people were exposed to the school through video, social media and print media. That means something whether you're marketing at Alabama or in a Group of Five school staff meeting just trying to get exposure."

This says it all.    Our coaching staff has already paid for their salaries for  many years.      I am only halfway serious.  But, if any non-sports fan wants to argue the value of having a good football team, here is your rebuttal.

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 3

16 hours ago, akriesman said:

This says it all.    Our coaching staff has already paid for their salaries for  many years.      I am only halfway serious.  But, if any non-sports fan wants to argue the value of having a good football team, here is your rebuttal.

Absolutely.
1 well-timed, well-executed athletic play was capable of $Millions worth of publicity for the University.

(Going to @Christopher Walker here to keep me honest...) The 1 O'Clock is constantly nominated for Grammys & I bet that brings a ton of publicity (re: $value) to our music school, but their years & years of consistently awesome music still can't do what 1 athletic play did for the entire University.  

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Absolutely.
1 well-timed, well-executed athletic play was capable of $Millions worth of publicity for the University.

(Going to @Christopher Walker here to keep me honest...) The 1 O'Clock is constantly nominated for Grammys & I bet that brings a ton of publicity (re: $value) to our music school, but their years & years of consistently awesome music still can't do what 1 athletic play did for the entire University.  

I'd say that's a fair assessment. We've actually been having the all boat rising conversation around the COM ourselves.

As to the One O'Clock Lab Band, voting on the initial ballot for the 61st Grammys started this morning. I just set up a bunch of ad buys for our push this year. The band has seven nominations across its 50+ year discography. It's fame is unique in that it's the only collegiate jazz ensemble to have any nominations.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

. . . their years & years of consistently awesome music still can't do what 1 athletic play did for the entire University.  

Wait . . . are you saying that the 1 O'Clock Lab Band throughout its entire existence has not contributed as much to the University of North Texas as that one play?  The 1 O'Clock Lab Band has literally and directly contributed to thousands of students attending UNT.  I would venture to guess that far more donor dollars have been brought in through the efforts of the 1 O'Clock Lab Band through the years than have been or will be brought in because of that one play.

Don't get me wrong, that play was huge on multiple levels; but I think you are seriously overstating your case.

• Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2

1 minute ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Wait . . . are you saying that the 1 O'Clock Lab Band throughout its entire existence has not contributed as much to the University of North Texas as that one play?  The 1 O'Clock Lab Band has literally and directly contributed to thousands of students attending UNT.  I would venture to guess that far more donor dollars have been brought in through the efforts of the 1 O'Clock Lab Band through the years than have been or will be brought in because of that one play.

Don't get me wrong, that play was huge on multiple levels; but I think you are seriously overstating your case.

$19.5 million in free advertising & 600 Million pairs of eyeballs set upon the University because of what they have done?   Maybe for the entirety of their top-notch existence, they have somewhat approached those numbers.
However, I'm not talking about donations or endowments to the actual school.   I'm talking about the exposure, which is what those numbers above are referring to.

I love the 1 O'Clock & the School of Music in general, so I'm definitely not bashing here.   But no, I don't believe I'm overstating my case here either.

• Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

$19.5 million in free advertising & 600 Million pairs of eyeballs set upon the University because of what they have done?   Maybe for the entirety of their top-notch existence, they have somewhat approached those numbers.
However, I'm not talking about donations or endowments to the actual school.   I'm talking about the exposure, which is what those numbers above are referring to.

I love the 1 O'Clock & the School of Music in general, so I'm definitely not bashing here.   But no, I don't believe I'm overstating my case here either.

Depends on what you mean by "did for" UNT.

The Brewer return gave us house money: it didn't cost us anything.  But what are we getting in return? I believe that's his point.  I have no idea how you can trace X number of new students to an athletic event.  I know it's been done (The Flutie effect), but no one on this board has Brewer/UNT related statistics yet.

Or maybe someone does?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Depends on what you mean by "did for" UNT.

The Brewer return gave us house money: it didn't cost us anything.  But what are we getting in return? I believe that's his point.  I have no idea how you can trace X number of new students to an athletic event.  I know it's been done (The Flutie effect), but no one on this board has Brewer/UNT related statistics yet.

Or maybe someone does?

I doubt this falls into the Flutie effect in regards to admissions figures, but more likely reconnected many estranged alumni and could have some impact on donations and ticket purchases.

It has done WONDERS for North Texas and the Mean Green as a national brand.