Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

I think you guys have heavily tinted green glasses here. Many  P5s will come a calling after this magical season completes. Seth will be crazy to turn down money and an opportunity to coach with the Haves vs staying for less money with the Have-Nots. Sure, places like Kansas and Vanderbilt aren’t real upgrades but we all know the perennial top 25 sniffers that are struggling this year (like FSU) will be circling like vultures. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

I do think last night hurt him. If I am a P5 I am looking at the fact that UNT has yet to win a bowl game, they beat a injury plagued LaTech team last year by one, and then when LaTech is healthy you cannot beat them in with home field advantage and a record crowd. I think that has secured him to be with us for at least two more seasons. Until he can consistently beat Skip Holtz, I think he is safe. Skip can't get a P5 offer and SL can't beat him when he has a healthy team says a lot. I think P5s shy away from that. I may be crazy, but I do think it hurts. 

• Upvote 1

I'm assuming everyone commenting here after yesterday is being sarcastic.  Littrell leading UNT to an 11-1 or 10-2 or even 9-3 regular season is going to be attractive to any P5 school that's looking for an offensive coach.  At the end of the day he will still be the guy who took a team that consistently has lost throughout most recent history and had just finished a 1-11 season to 3 straight bowl games and 1 (possibly 2) conference championship appearances.  Our only hope is that he still feels he can accomplish more here, because him losing a few games will not prevent the calls from coming.  Not saying he's leaving or gone, but assuming this loss will keep teams away is just silly.

Edited by UNT18Grad
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't really even like this discussion much, but if he continues to want to stay in the "Southern Plains/Texas"  region, the "big" jobs seem fairly limited at the moment. There are certainly a couple of possibilities that I  can think of, but several have recently hired new coaches. I suspect we could add another mill to the deal if needed.

• Lovely Take 1

Which university is going to go after SL? He wins regular conference games but when the chips are on the table what has he won? Hasn't won the conference yet....hasn't won a bowl game yet.....which to me says he has yet to figure out the mental aspects of being able to keep players focused on the game at hand. SL is still learning how to be a all inclusive Head Football Coach. I will say this...in one year or two we better have a shit pot of money cause " THEY" are coming for SL.....just not yet.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

If we want any chance at keeping Seth we need to rally behind the program after this loss. If the fence sitters walk away from Seth, he will return the favor.

Agree, but gomeangreen.com is not the correct platform since we're the die-hards.  This will be on Wren & Co to be creative with reasons to bring folks out.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1

If I'm Littrell (wish I had guns like him) I might consider staying away from FSU. I know I sound crazy, but Jimbo left there for a reason. Yes A&M offered him a ton of money, but you don't just go from FSU- a program rich with history and 3 national championships within the last 30 years to an A&M program that is honestly a mediocre program in the SEC with a couple of competitive years (that's a compliment because SEC is good). There was definitely something going on and with the state that FSU football is in currently, I'm not sure I would want to take on that headache. Possibility of getting stuck at a program that may be in a rut for a while due to reasons out of a coaches control. Then it's right back down to the G5s you go. Similar to what happened with Charlie Strong (I still don't get why Texas was so bad), kind of happening with Scott Frost at Nebraska and Chad Morris right now (still first season but they've lost to everybody). Then again, you don't really get to take over a thriving program when you make the jump to a power 5 as a head coach.  

All that to say, I get the feeling that Littrell will stay at UNT for a bit and see it become something bigger (at least for another year or two with that buyout). Quote: "Becca and I are happy here in Denton and love North Texas, the community and everything it brings to our program and our family." Plus the interview he had with the athletic and the quote on UNT becoming a monster. Wren also said he's going to make it very hard for Littrell to leave whenever those other opportunities arise. 

Anyways, I'm sure all these points have been made above, I'm just too lazy to read through it all. As for now I'm enjoying the ride. 

Edited by meangreen2016
  • Upvote 2

Seth has brought us so far and we turn on the coaching staff after one loss.  We are 4-1 who would ever think that was possible when the season started.  we would have considered our selves to be lucky if we were 2-2 going into conference.  He is done a better job than anyone else that would have come to North Texas.  He has raised the bar for us and we lose it after one loss.   The last three years have been a heck of a ride.  Enjoy the moment.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:11 PM, risinggreen said:

I suspect we could come up with another million, if this season turns into the dream season that we all hope for. Guess I'll wait until December to worry too much about it.

If we play like in the last two games, we won't have to worry about any poaching. We made too many mistakes against La Tech and against UTEP we were just plain awful. I attended both and we were damn lucky to beat UTEP. We were one fourth down dropped pass from a real embarrasement!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, DallasGreen said:

If we play like in the last two games, we won't have to worry about any poaching. We made too many mistakes against La Tech and against UTEP we were just plain awful. I attended both and we were damn lucky to beat UTEP. We were one fourth down dropped pass from a real embarrasement!!!

We are also one muffed punt from being 6-0.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

8 hours ago, Rudy said:

We are also one muffed punt from being 6-0.

or an upright from being 6-0...

or .3 seconds from being 6-0...

or a foot on a two point conversion from being 6-0...

or a roughing the passer from being 6-0...

or a Torrey fumble from being 6-0...

so many ifs and buts...

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1