Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

6 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

My guess is that he will stay here with Mason for his senior year. But if the right job comes available to his liking (see PJ Fleck moving to Minnesota from western michigan) I can easily see him taking the money while the iron is hot—but it would have to be a better job than Texas Tech, I’d  guess. People mention UNC and that one will intrigue him, I’d bet. I’d be surprised if he turned that kind of offer down...

No, he will not be back at North Carolina. He is making UNT into a better job than North Carolina. I'm with @Venson in that It is going to have to be the right one, and probably the last one. Like a LSU, Oklahoma, aTm, etc. Something near his family, near his vacation home, and that pays $5mm+ year. You won't see him on a Coast or in the Texas panhandle again. 

Bump him to $2+mm (which will blow CUSA out of the water, and that's exactly what we need to do), bump the assistant and support staff pool, continue to invest in facilities and the program to where it resembles a strong P5 (think Boise, UCF, Houston, etc.).

There's no telling how incredible UNT can be.

We are just starting to get a small sampling of it, thanks to the leadership of the University, Athletic Department, and Football Program; and you know from a guy like Littrell's competitiveness and viewpoint it tastes really damn good. And this is just the beginning...

Edited by UNT Mean Green
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

5 minutes ago, UNT Mean Green said:

No, he will not be back at North Carolina. He is making UNT into a better job than North Carolina. I'm with @Venson in that It is going to have to be the right one, and probably the last one. Like a LSU, Oklahoma, aTm, etc. Something near his family, near his vacation home, and that pays $5mm+ year. You won't see him on a Coast or in the Texas panhandle again. 

Bump him to $2+mm (which will blow CUSA out of the water, and that's exactly what we need to do), bump the assistant and support staff pool, continue to invest in facilities and the program to where it resembles a strong P5 (think Boise, UCF, Houston, etc.).

There's no telling how incredible UNT can be.

We are just starting to get a small sampling of it, thanks to the leadership of the University, Athletic Department, and Football Program; and you know from a guy like Littrell's competitiveness and viewpoint it tastes really damn good. And this is just the beginning...

Seriously?
Until UNT is in a Power 5 conference, it's not "a better job" than ANY school in a P5 conference.   You simply don't get a fair shot to play for a National Championship if you're not in a P5 conference.   As long as UNC is in the ACC, and UNT is in C-USA or whatever G5 equivalent, UNC is "the better job".  It's very simple.

Littrell knows what it takes to win one.   And he knows he can't do it here.  In the meantime, he's going to build us up, and hopefully take us to heights we haven't seen before until the right opportunity comes along.

The wishes and hopes around here are just astounding though.   Bravo guys for coming up with some of these wild-a** reasons why the UNT job is better than a P5 school for a football coach.   

For me (a North Texas alumnus) there isn't a better job... because there isn't a better school.   I assume many of you feel the same way.  But we can't impress our green-tinted glasses on Seth Littrell.  He does not have the same kind of loyalty to our beloved Alma Mater.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 5

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Seriously?
Until UNT is in a Power 5 conference, it's not "a better job" than ANY school in a P5 conference.   You simply don't get a fair shot to play for a National Championship if you're not in a P5 conference.   As long as UNC is in the ACC, and UNT is in C-USA or whatever G5 equivalent, UNC is "the better job".  It's very simple.

Littrell knows what it takes to win one.   And he knows he can't do it here.  In the meantime, he's going to build us up, and hopefully take us to heights we haven't seen before until the right opportunity comes along.

The wishes and hopes around here are just astounding though.   Bravo guys for coming up with some of these wild-a** reasons why the UNT job is better than a P5 school for a football coach.   

For me (a North Texas alumnus) there isn't a better job... because there isn't a better school.   I assume many of you feel the same way.  But we can't impress our green-tinted glasses on Seth Littrell.  He does not have the same kind of loyalty to our beloved Alma Mater.

You’re dealing with homers here that haven’t seen any kind of success until now that matters on a national level. UNC was a top ten team when he left to come here. They bring in boatloads of money. It’s in another hotbed of talent. My guess is they would be a place that would grab Seth’s attention. Texas Tech probably gets him a large raise here, knowing he’s got another year of Mason in Denton to help his cause.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ntexeagle said:

This is whom I was referencing last week when I said an important person to our university told me, “Texas Tech can’t afford Seth Littrell.”  

Burying the lede there, no? Arguably one of the most important people of the university.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

That's some swagger right there.

Love it

I was drinking a bottle of water and spit it out all over my living room when I read it.  I had to re-read it to make sure he actually put that.   That’s BIG TIME

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1