Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

Any successful coach at 90% of the programs will leave for a bigger paycheck and a perceived better position.   Nearly every fan is aware of that.

So threads like this are going to be a staple as long is LIttrell is here and successful.   

Watching one of the local sports broadcasts last night, it talked about NT stomping the hogs and than of course ended with it won't be long till Littrell is gone to a bigger program.   Really,  I am sure glad you were able to get that tidbit into your show.

If this team finishes the season with 9+ wins, I believe staff is gone.

Larry Fedora is on the hot seat at UNC. That’s a P5 job where both parties may share interest due to their familiarity with one another. 

Paul Johnson at Georgia Tech may also be on his way out. Seth coached/recruited in the ACC. The state of Georgia has a lot of talent and GT could be a sleeping giant. Any good coach would have confidence they could turn it around there. 

Ultimately, I think he ends up at Texas Tech after this season. I think TT will win 5-6 games this year and Kingsbury will be fired. It would be logical for this staff to make that move. 

However, of course I hope he stays and we somehow follow the TCU model to national prominence. That is my dream scenario. 

#GMG

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Be nice to hear him say he is not going anywhere and will be back next year.

He probably doesn't know himself if he'll be at NT in 2019.  If he does know, it's probably something he won't want to become generally known until after this season is over.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BradleyGarrett said:

If this team finishes the season with 9+ wins, I believe staff is gone.

Larry Fedora is on the hot seat at UNC. That’s a P5 job where both parties may share interest due to their familiarity with one another. 

Paul Johnson at Georgia Tech may also be on his way out. Seth coached/recruited in the ACC. The state of Georgia has a lot of talent and GT could be a sleeping giant. Any good coach would have confidence they could turn it around there. 

Ultimately, I think he ends up at Texas Tech after this season. I think TT will win 5-6 games this year and Kingsbury will be fired. It would be logical for this staff to make that move. 

However, of course I hope he stays and we somehow follow the TCU model to national prominence. That is my dream scenario. 

#GMG

With this win and the National publicity I think Seth has past both TT and Kansas as a stepping stone! He can get a better job with a winning season!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Yep going to Texas Tech is thinking small. Going to a place where you are at a disadvantage to you main conference rivals is not a good move.  If you are a hot commodity you should wait for offers at better program.  Also the Big 12 Conference is the P5 at risk of dissolving. It is not out the question that North Texas ends up in a conference with Big 12 leftovers including the likes of Texas Tech, Baylor and TCU.   Lubbock is not a great place to recruit to.  Georgia Tech is intriguing and I wouldn't mind Seth leaving for that job.  UNC is a basketball school and will be forever.  If your goal as a coach is to win a national championship UNC is one of the hard places to do it at.  

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Any successful coach at 90% of the programs will leave for a bigger paycheck and a perceived better position.   Nearly every fan is aware of that.

So threads like this are going to be a staple as long is LIttrell is here and successful.   

Watching one of the local sports broadcasts last night, it talked about NT stomping the hogs and than of course ended with it won't be long till Littrell is gone to a bigger program.   Really,  I am sure glad you were able to get that tidbit into your show.

It was Ch. 5, the weekend backup for Newy Scruggs was the perp. His comment irrigated me.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, outoftown said:

I feel like Chad Morris is really gunning for poor Todd Dodges job

That's an incredibly difficult bar.  In 43 games, Dodge won 6, three of them against a transitional FBS team. 

In 39 games, Chad Morris has won 15 games. That's bad, but it in no way approaches threatening Dodge.  

Then again, does Westlake have a rival?  It'd be pretty funny to see those two lined up against each other in Austin. 

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

That's an incredibly difficult bar.  In 43 games, Dodge won 6, three of them against a transitional FBS team. 

In 39 games, Chad Morris has won 15 games. That's bad, but it in no way approaches threatening Dodge.  

Then again, does Westlake have a rival?  It'd be pretty funny to see those two lined up against each other in Austin. 

Will his son be his savor? Saw where Arkie fans are pissed he goes to his sons games every Friday night!! Soooooie

• Upvote 1

Hey folks!   UH's coach left for U of Texas 2 years ago;  SMU's HFC left for (well, you know where) last year;  Fla State's Jimbo Fisher left for TAMU last year and look at all the other HFC's who left for what appears to be on paper a better situation.

This is old news now, but Boise State lost 4 HFC's in the space of about 8-10 years but you know what happened during most all those years of HFC turnovers?  How's 'bout Boise State remained a Top 25 fixture most of the time.   They were ranked #18 until yesterday after OSU drilled them in Stillwater but lets see how far they drop & if they drop out of the Top 25...........

.........I'd bet the Broncos will find their way back in it because that is what they've built their program to do as an objective with their improved facilities and a stadium expansion several years ago.  After we split from BSU when they were our Big West conference mates they started their move up the NCAA ladder.  They had and have the formula--we should copy it in Denton. 

ONE GAME AT A TIME SO............LETS BEAT LIBERTY THIS NEXT SATURDAY!

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2

The more I think about it.....we’re in a win/win here. First let me be clear, I want Littrell to stay as long as possible. I would love for him to become our “Gary Patterson” 

However, the next 2 years are going to be huge for setting this program up for the future. We have to have our eye on 2024-2026 (whenever the TV deals are up and the college football landscape is expected to have a major shuffle) 

If Littrell stays next year. With Fine and all those weapons all coming back...we will be ranked and we will be a NY6 contender. This ‘19 recruiting class is here and developing. The 2020 recruiting class may be better than this one. This thing really starts rolling. 

If Littrell does leave after this year. Think about the team coming back and think about the line of coaches that will want to come here and take that team over. We will have a pretty good pick of coaches. The momentum can absolutely sustain and we will be on our way to continuing to build this thing. We’re just now starting to “awake” from a National attention standpoint. With the leadership we have, the record fundraising, the buyout in Littrell’s contract and 200k alumni that are now starting to wake up.....we are in a great position. 

Again....I love Littrell and I hope he stays for a long time. But we haven’t even begun to scratch the surface of what this program can become. The timing is really good for us either way Littrell decides to go. 

• Upvote 3

When I was leaving Razorback Stadium yesterday, a few of their fans asked me how long Seth Littrell's contract was and what was his buyout. Seems like maybe their fans want him. LOL. The crazy thing is that I never thought of him going to Arkansas, but that could be a possibility. He is from Muskogee, which is 87 miles from Fayetteville. I doubt he would end up there, but if Morris fails, you never know.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

The more I think about it.....we’re in a win/win here. First let me be clear, I want Littrell to stay as long as possible. I would love for him to become our “Gary Patterson” 

However, the next 2 years are going to be huge for setting this program up for the future. We have to have our eye on 2024-2026 (whenever the TV deals are up and the college football landscape is expected to have a major shuffle) 

If Littrell stays next year. With Fine and all those weapons all coming back...we will be ranked and we will be a NY6 contender. This ‘19 recruiting class is here and developing. The 2020 recruiting class may be better than this one. This thing really starts rolling. 

If Littrell does leave after this year. Think about the team coming back and think about the line of coaches that will want to come here and take that team over. We will have a pretty good pick of coaches. The momentum can absolutely sustain and we will be on our way to continuing to build this thing. We’re just now starting to “awake” from a National attention standpoint. With the leadership we have, the record fundraising, the buyout in Littrell’s contract and 200k alumni that are now starting to wake up.....we are in a great position. 

Again....I love Littrell and I hope he stays for a long time. But we haven’t even begun to scratch the surface of what this program can become. The timing is really good for us either way Littrell decides to go. 

This is how Boise, TCU and Utah built themselves (the only true “p6” that ever existed was that era MW). Keep winning. Find the right talent. Best the big boys. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

I believe their rival is Lake Travis where Chad Morris won a couple state titles and coached Garrett Gilbert. More recent Lake Travis qbs include Michael and Charley Brewer, and Faker Mayfield.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/college-football-players-coaches-recruiting-2017-12

Most college football players will be forced to change head coaches at least once in their career

We are still a month away from the end of the college football season and the coaching carousel is already in full swing with some of the biggest programs making leadership changes, including Florida State, Texas A&M, UCLA, Florida, Nebraska, Oregon, and Tennessee. Well, Tennessee is still trying.

All of these moves are more reminders that schools can fire coaches at will and coaches are free to pack up and bolt whenever a bigger paycheck comes along. Meanwhile, the relatively unpaid players can't switch schools without consequences and are more often forced to eventually play for a coach who is different than the one who recruited them to the school in the first place.

Of the 130 current FBS programs, 89 (68%) have, or will have, a head coach in 2018 who has been at their current school fewer than five years. That means, at least 68% of fifth-year seniors next season will not be playing for the coach they chose during the recruiting process. That number will also go up as some of the currently vacant jobs are filled by coaches from other FBS schools.

So when a coach promises a recruit that he will be there all five years, there is a good chance that won't be true.

COTD_12.6Mike Nudelman/Business Insider

Edited by Talon90
  • Ray 1