Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

Random thoughts :
~Not one of us can do anything regarding Seth's departure.
~Seth has no idea how this will play out.
~I am grateful beyond words for our administrators, Neal Smatresk and Wren Baker.
~Beat Arkansas

Edited by Greenrex
  • Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Downvote 2

11 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Best news of the day is we beat a Chad Morris-coached SEC team & got paid $1mil to do it!

Wren had better spend some of that money on some new swag for the players.

Littrell and staff a raise too!!!

Edited by OurRankingisFINE

Glad we finally got some love on local news!!! However, I’m so sick and tired of people saying we are going to lose SL. He’s building the program and making history. If we can figure out how to give this staff a raise and continue to build the program I don’t see him going anywhere anytime soon. 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 #keeplittrellforever

(please excuse and ignore the snoring next to me) 😂😂😂

Edited by OurRankingisFINE
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

4 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Wonder if Chad Morris is thinking to himself this evening "maybe staying at SMU till a P5 program that wasn't in total disarray was the the better move"? 

I said the exact same thing to my uncle...yesterday, before the beatdown😀  

• Lovely Take 1

5 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

so you bring it up??

Isn't that the entire point of a forum... to discuss things with fellow fans?! It was my understanding that he signed a 5 year contract in addition to Wren Baker so I have no idea why news outlets keep saying he's going to leave when he has a pretty sweet contract through 2022 and after this season I bet the university will sweeten the pot for him and the coaching staff.

https://projects.newsday.com/college-football-coaches-salaries-contracts/seth-littrell/

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

With what he is getting paid...and the potential of more...there is no reason he would leave unless he got offered the HC job at one of the bigs he came from, like OU. Keep paying him for kicking ass and let him create a legacy and he will stay. We are finally paying well and he knows it.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

8 minutes ago, JesseMartin said:

With what he is getting paid...and the potential of more...there is no reason he would leave unless he got offered the HC job at one of the bigs he came from, like OU. Keep paying him for kicking ass and let him create a legacy and he will stay. We are finally paying well and he knows it.

☝️ This!  I LOVE this team!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

If a P5 is in a down season...they would have to be lower rung to offer at this point (a la Western Michigan to Minnesota) and we are paying well enough to provide a more solid future. And Seth will need to turn us into a Boise State level program before a P5 with better funds and a real future offers. We are actually paying well now. Of course if he gets offered OU in the next couple of years he is outta here. Maybe Tech or another up and down P5 but honestly I don't see him leaving for anything other than an elite program if he keeps elevating the program and getting paid accordingly.

• Upvote 5