My how things have changed

meangreenJW

Culture is powerful and it must be fed healthy foods, water, ideas and resources. Can’t let the foot off the pedal. Keep strengthening it to the point where it becomes the expectation and standard. 

GMG

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Ray 1

Portland State 66-7 on Homecoming, with players who had quit and a coach who ran an awful offense with horrible QBs and had to be fired after the game. The AD had to get the buyout for this and it finally led to his eventual canning.

That was not even three years ago...just to give the proper perspective.

Just enjoy this ride for as long as possible!!

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenHoops said:

I mentioned to my wife to enjoy this because these might be the glory years. She says, what if this is just the beginning of the glory years. I think she may be right.

As long as we hang on to Wren Baker for as long as possible, I think we're in very good hands

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Some research into the possibilities if we make a run in the tournament (not to get too ahead of ourselves). But we can already see how much attention the Purdue win has garnered. 
https://www.highereddive.com/news/how-march-madness-success-boosted-admissions-for-5-universities/234331/

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

The NIT has also been great for our branding. You cannot watch any game highlights without seeing our logo plastered  across the court or on the seating. A special 'Thank You' to Wren Baker and Brint Ryan.

And a huge Thanks to the Lovelace and McNatt families for the Indoor Practice Facility. Our branding is not only visible to all on the interstate, the facility with it's huge logos is featured every evening on the news prior to the weather reports.

Now, if we can only get our football managers to use our school colors and logos. We should immediately burn all gray, black, tan, mauve, khaki, dishwater, and any other 'secondary' colored uniform they have created, and get rid of every 'throwback costume' that should have been used once and then get disposed. I don't think we played a single game this past football season in our Green & White with current logo helmets. We played our bowl game on national television wearing Little Rascal quality helmet logos created from green electrical tape. 

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, xyresic said:

Donations & enrollment at all time highs and a big jump in academic rankings in 2020. Should see some momentum from the tourney as well!

Love how the staff has laid the infrastructure to capitalize on success and sustain it.

What was the jump in academic ranking?  I have not been paying attention.  

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, HoustonEagle said:

What was the jump in academic ranking?  I have not been paying attention.  

I don’t have it in front of me but they have climbed continually over the past few years. Last years jump was from 140ish to 120 and I believe the biggest one year jump in school history.

• Upvote 1

On 3/21/2021 at 1:02 PM, 97and03 said:

Some research into the possibilities if we make a run in the tournament (not to get too ahead of ourselves). But we can already see how much attention the Purdue win has garnered. 
https://www.highereddive.com/news/how-march-madness-success-boosted-admissions-for-5-universities/234331/

• Upvote 6

I looked it up to get the actual #s @HoustonEagle 

UNT went from 140th --> 121st for National Public schools in 2020 by US news & world report. For reference in 2015 when the admin changed over we ranked in the 200's.  Those rankings aren't perfect but nice recognition of the improvement that we have seen.

Starting in 2019 we have also been ranked in their national rankings covering all universities for the first time in our history. Initially at 281st and that number is now 249.

Edited by xyresic
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1