• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
Harry

Mason Fine named C-USA Offensive Player of the Week!

Recommended Posts

Quote

Fine led the Mean Green to a dominating win over Metroplex rival SMU, 46-23, on Saturday night.  Fine completed 40-of-50 passes for a career-high 444 yards (fifth-most in a single game in program history) and three touchdowns with no interceptions.  The 40 completions were a career high as well, tying for the third-most in a single game in program history.  Fine led the Mean Green to their eighth consecutive home win, which dates back to November 19, 2016 (against Southern Miss).  Fine opened the game 8-for-8 and connected with 10 different receivers in the win.

http://conferenceusa.com/news/2018/9/3/football-fb-sept-3-players-of-the-week.aspx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

The defense should also get an award.   Problem, no individual had great stats; but they deserve the honor.  

Quote

Defensive Player of the Week honor went to Louisiana Tech junior S James Jackson, who forced two turnovers, recovered one and posted six tackles in a victory at South Alabama. 

http://conferenceusa.com/news/2018/9/3/football-fb-sept-3-players-of-the-week.aspx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His tìmìng with the receivers was a thing a beauty throughout the game, throwing many passes before their cuts and putting them right on the money.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great for Mason on receiving offensive player of the week but how in the world did our kicker Cole Hedlund not receive special teams player of the week! He went four for four with a long of 51 and scored a total of 15 pts in the game. Hedlund is now second in the nation in field goals.

Special teams player of the week went to a punt returner from S. Miss who returned a kick off for a touchdown against Jackson St.  S. Miss won the game 51-7.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, blurbeard said:

Great for Mason on receiving offensive player of the week but how in the world did our kicker Cole Hedlund not receive special teams player of the week! He went four for four with a long of 51 and scored a total of 15 pts in the game. Hedlund is now second in the nation in field goals.

Special teams player of the week went to a punt returner from S. Miss who returned a kick off for a touchdown against Jackson St.  S. Miss won the game 51-7.

I looked that game up.  My theory is that he had an amazing game at WR and also on Special Teams, but there was no way he could win the offense award, so they gave him the ST award.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sitting in the tail section you can really watch Mason's passes especially when he is going away from you. He can thread the needle like no other QB I have seen at UNT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

Sitting in the tail section you can really watch Mason's passes especially when he is going away from you. He can thread the needle like no other QB I have seen at UNT. 

I remember sitting in the tail section or endzone at Fouts trying to find something to get excited for. Oh how the times have changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was really enjoyable seeing Mason and his receivers click out there. And that was just week 1. 

Who knows how good the aerial attack can be by the end of the season? 

Hoping for more success and more national recognition for the program! 

GMG 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

I remember sitting in the tail section or endzone at Fouts trying to find something to get excited for. Oh how the times have changed.

Also the end zones at Fouts were 80 yards from the field. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

Sitting in the tail section you can really watch Mason's passes especially when he is going away from you. He can thread the needle like no other QB I have seen at UNT. 

I sit endzone, and it's easily the best angle to view play development. Some of Mason's throws are unbelievably. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this