Incarnate Word - A Chance to Start 2-0 (finally)

jdennis82

30 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

The last time we started 2-0 as an FBS team (I-A) was 1975. THAT’S 43 YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!

A lot of that is scheduling.  We went through a run where one of our first couple games always seemed to be against a ranked opponent.  Also, filtering out all of the 1-AA years since 1975 makes the run seem longer.  

Nonetheless, let’s get this monkey off our back.  

By the way, good to meet you Saturday, Austin.

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

A lot of that is scheduling.  We went through a run where one of our first couple games always seemed to be against a ranked opponent.  Also, filtering out all of the 1-AA years since 1975 makes the run seem longer.  

Nonetheless, let’s get this monkey off our back.  

By the way, good to meet you Saturday, Austin.

Yeah I couldn’t readily find with I-AA stats, but we were also FCS so those years should have been a lot easier. It was great meeting you too man. See you Saturday.

• Lovely Take 1

On 9/3/2018 at 8:42 AM, UNT 90 Grad said:

Someone should let FBSchedules.com know the opening year of Apogee Stadium.

I'm glad somebody let me know I wasn't hallucinating back to the future in 2009.  I still can't stand getting actually rained on.  Speaking of rained on, as I recall, we'd have won and gone home earlier if we'd just kicked a field goal before the half against Ohio.