ESPN Helmet Stickers

Rudy

So, I was sitting down to watch F1 Qualifying on ESPN 2 on my DVR, and I caught the last minute of ESPN College Gameday Final.  Mason Fine got a helmet sticker and a nice little mention as a sticker got slapped on the North Texas helmet, which was sitting on the ESPN desk, in full view of the national viewing audience.

Unfortunately, it was our old helmets, but still pretty bad ass, nonetheless.

I've watched this show over the past few years off and on. The BIGGEST take away from helmet sticker mention is that this show usually only gives helmet STICKERS to P5 school athletes/players!!! I'm SHOCKED these P5 homers gave a helmet sticker to a G5 QB!!!

Thank GOD for Seth Littrell our coaching staff, Mason Fine, Mr. Baker, and all of our UNT school athletes!!!

I hope Coach Littrell and his family really like it Denton. Hopefully Mr. Littrell would like to make UNT a football dynasty!!!

If not, Mr. Baker will have to pull off another superb head football coaching hire and soon.

Soon, every P5 school with sub par record is going to come calling for coach Seth Littrell and his staff.

I hate to even type this but it's true. I hope Mr. Baker and UNT can do everything possible to keep coach Littrell, but he's going to get some amazing head coaching offers very soon. I only hope UNT can convince coach Littrell that he can be inducted into the College Football hall of fame here at UNT like Hayden Fry was at Iowa!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, UNTMike81 said:

I've watched this show over the past few years off and on. The BIGGEST take away from helmet sticker mention is that this show usually only gives helmet STICKERS to P5 school athletes/players!!! I'm SHOCKED these P5 homers gave a helmet sticker to a G5 QB!!!

Thank GOD for Seth Littrell our coaching staff, Mason Fine, Mr. Baker, and all of our UNT school athletes!!!

I hope Coach Littrell and his family really like it Denton. Hopefully Mr. Littrell would like to make UNT a football dynasty!!!

If not, Mr. Baker will have to pull off another superb head football coaching hire and soon.

Soon, every P5 school with sub par record is going to come calling for coach Seth Littrell and his staff.

I hate to even type this but it's true. I hope Mr. Baker and UNT can do everything possible to keep coach Littrell, but he's going to get some amazing head coaching offers very soon. I only hope UNT can convince coach Littrell that he can be inducted into the College Football hall of fame here at UNT like Hayden Fry was at Iowa!!!

Thank you again RV (?)*

*Please note that I do recognize that while Head Football Coach Seth Littrell was hired under the watch of then Athletic Director Rick Villareal, the general consensus is that Mr. Villareal did not have a dominant role in the selection and hiring of said head football coach.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UNTMike81 said:

If it's money, the only way to keep him is to give him and his staff a ton of money. The only way that can happen is for alumni to start giving like never before. We have a crap ton of alumni, but most are disinterested would be my guess. If it's ego driven (meaning he wants to prove he can win on the biggest stages of college football) not much we can do not being in a P5 conference. Hopefully he wants to do a Patterson and stay and build UNT into a football dynasty and then we have to get an invite from one of the P5 conferences. We have to be a better fit for the Big 12 than KS and Baylor. Even if he did stay to do that and we completely dominated every G5 school and most P5 schools, something tells me that Texas would block us from being in a conference with them.

Edited by Venson
addition

1 hour ago, Venson said:

If it's money, the only way to keep him is to give him and his staff a ton of money. The only way that can happen is for alumni to start giving like never before. We have a crap ton of alumni, but most are disinterested would be my guess. If it's ego driven (meaning he wants to prove he can win on the biggest stages of college football) not much we can do not being in a P5 conference. Hopefully he wants to do a Patterson and stay and build UNT into a football dynasty and then we have to get an invite from one of the P5 conferences. We have to be a better fit for the Big 12 than KS and Baylor. Even if he did stay to do that and we completely dominated every G5 school and most P5 schools, something tells me that Texas would block us from being in a conference with them.

After the win over SMU,  I would love to see us give Seth enough money to make it hard for him to leave.  I truly believe we can make this place the next TCU.  

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, mgfan said:

After the win over SMU,  I would love to see us give Seth enough money to make it hard for him to leave.  I truly believe we can make this place the next TCU.  

I think Wren will wait to the end of the season, see how the team did and make a decision based on that. If we can win out, you bet your bottom dollar there will be tons of P5 schools sniffing around. I think he will see what kind of contract he is offered and see if we can match it or come close to matching it. We may be able to match 2-2.5 mil, but anything above that, he is a goner. If he gets offers of only less than 3, then maybe we can hold onto him because we are in a great area and a hotbed for recruiting. At the end of the day, SMU is paying what 2 mil, we have to at least try and keep up with that. It is tough, but with the number of alumni that we have, it is certainly doable. My concern is holding on to assistants who have aspirations of being head coaches or moving up in the coaching ranks and who want more money for their families. You cannot blame the assistants for that. No coach wants to be a position coach forever.

43 minutes ago, Venson said:

I think Wren will wait to the end of the season, see how the team did and make a decision based on that. If we can win out, you bet your bottom dollar there will be tons of P5 schools sniffing around. I think he will see what kind of contract he is offered and see if we can match it or come close to matching it. We may be able to match 2-2.5 mil, but anything above that, he is a goner. If he gets offers of only less than 3, then maybe we can hold onto him because we are in a great area and a hotbed for recruiting. At the end of the day, SMU is paying what 2 mil, we have to at least try and keep up with that. It is tough, but with the number of alumni that we have, it is certainly doable. My concern is holding on to assistants who have aspirations of being head coaches or moving up in the coaching ranks and who want more money for their families. You cannot blame the assistants for that. No coach wants to be a position coach forever.

If... and I mean if... we beat IW and afterwards Arkansas, I think money starts rolling in. Media started paying attention but you beat 2 former SWC teams in one year, the “DFW loves a winner” types will come out of the woodwork (especially if TCU falters- which I don’t think they will).