1 minute ago, emmitt01 said:

Almost.  

SMU’s upcoming slate is 

TCU

Michigan

Navy

Houston Baptist

UCF

That is a VERY real possibility of them starting this season 1-5.  

Mid-season coaching change?  Average attendance even smaller than the normal season (maybe 4,000 actual butts in seats at Ford)?  

#ponyup

You mean 0-6?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Almost.  

SMU’s upcoming slate is 

TCU

Michigan

Navy

Houston Baptist

UCF

That is a VERY real possibility of them starting this season 1-5.  

Mid-season coaching change?  Average attendance even smaller than the normal season (maybe 4,000 actual butts in seats at Ford)?  

#ponyup

They have more resources and the ability to change their culture than just about any D1 team. They could do it if they wanted to put the energy in to it. But just throwing money at it won't likely cut it. 

So how can you really feel sorry for them.

They’re in meltdown mode over there. But this just blows my mind. I’ve seen this before and I can’t believe they hold this in such high regard:

I got to live through the Pony Express years, they were amazing.

Why do they have so much pride about that time in their program? It ruined their football program, and basically their university and an entire conference. And they’re proud of it. Ask anyone in the country what they know about SMU. They don’t have to be a football fan. Just SMU. And the answer will be “oh yeah. They cheated” It’s sad. And they have fans that hold that as a sense of pride when t should be embarrassing. Amazing. 

• Upvote 4
  • Ray 1

You're a better man than I, E.  I feel nothing for them.  Anytime I try, they remind me why they should NEVER win, in anything.  I get not liking a school, but how in the hell can you call a school a community college when they have over 3x the enrollment than you?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I don’t buy the “if SMU does well, it looks good for us” argument.  That logic only works if your name is Texas, not North Texas.  Nobody goes back to pay attention to how our opponents do, because they're not trying to justify ranking us or keeping us ranked.  

Sportswriters will care all season how Maryland finishes the year...SMU, not so much.  

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

Never feel bad for them.   Huge lack of respect for us.   I read their entire in-game thread.  Over 100 posts, only one guy stated that Fine was doing a great job.   Everyone else just said their team is terrible.  I won’t argue that they’re not great, but they’re so arrogant they can’t admid we’re THAT good.  

1D34F99E-7B10-4A10-8A69-CF16129AFADE.jpeg

Edited by trud1966
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

I don't feel bad for them at all. And will never feel bad for SMU.. Down with the pony express..

I agree.  This is the one program/school I truly hate and wish nothing but failure.  My dream would be for them to go 0fer this year and drop down to the Lone Star Conference where they belong.  Do we get to play them in basketball this year?

• Thanks 1

Despite the fact it might make us look  a bit better if they win .... NO !!! .. hope they suffer ... It will not help their recruiting in the region either. .

Their arrogance and attitude for years deserves a terrible year.   Hope less than 100 attend their last few games and Metroplex TV is cruel to them. . 

GO GREEN.!. 

• Haha 1