Punt Returner

MEANGREENCOACH2

WE NEED A NEW ONE... Or at least somebody who has the balls to catch it when they should catch it... I think it was Darden not sure but he was letting it bounce Wayyyyyyy to much and then the time he fair caught it was on the 6 yard line...  Against better teams we need to fair catch the ball so our offense doesn't have to go 90 yards to score..

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

WE NEED A NEW ONE... Or at least somebody who has the balls to catch it when they should catch it... I think it was Darden not sure but he was letting it bounce Wayyyyyyy to much and then the time he fair caught it was on the 6 yard line...  Against better teams we need to fair catch the ball so our offense doesn't have to go 90 yards to score..

I am assuming he was being told what to do, and if so it's as much of a coaching issue as anything.  You're correct tho they better straighten that up really fast as it will come back to bite us.

Well then we need a new coach telling him what to do.. he easily could have caught those punts instead of letting them bounce on the 30 yard line and roll to the 8.

So we put 2 guys back there to try and catch it then we muff it??? 

Good gravy, are we the only school in the country that can't have a single person deep to catch the ball?

A really good football coach once told me that we dont need a punt returner.....we need a punt catcher.  His point was that we needed to catch the ball so that it does not bounce and bounce and bounce.  We need to work on that this week.   A second thing that he said was to stand no farther back than the ten yard line and do not back up.  If the punt goes over your head it will almost always go into the end zone.  We need to work on that, too.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Think the wind was really messing with Darden.  I’ll chalk it up to game 1 mess ups.  I fully expect that to be fixed going forward.  Biagi is one of the best in the business. 

What wind? It was nearly still on several of those opportunities. 

I agree I think it will get fixed