University of Incarnate Word Preview

Danish43

2 hours ago, Danish43 said:

Hope the guys on the team are up for this game vs Incarnate Word because New Mexico put up 60 points on them. Does not look like much of a match next week.

Au contraire! Look up the box score. IW was decent except for the first quarter. Obviously necessary for us to come out hot and build a lead.

image.png.cb9163f25cbe47889975c644c25610a9.png

• Upvote 1

I think we need to be ready. Score a bunch early and get back-ups in defensively for sure. The way those back-ups played defensively against SMU was not good. They definitely need game time work. I think offensively, you keep the starting O-line and all the RBs playing awhile to work on the running game. What better way to work out what went wrong against SMU. They will need the work to prepare for Arkansas. If we cannot at least be a threat to run against Arkansas, it could be a long day. 

• Upvote 2

I am not even doing it on purpose, but every time I read their name I somehow read "inacurate word" instead of what it should be.

On other notes: vs NM they clearly couldn't defend, but they did manage to score. Might be a decentish test to see if the UNT D is really as much improved as it looked yesterday

Edited by outoftown

Here's the box score and write-up from the Incarnate Word game against New Mexico:

https://uiwcardinals.com/news/2018/9/1/football-new-mexico-defeats-uiw-in-season-opener.aspx

Their QB is Jon Copeland a freshman from Argyle:  https://uiwcardinals.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=7272

Copeland hit 17 of 36 passes for 328 yards and a touchdown.

2 minutes ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

He/we could break that easily, just a matter of having to leave in the players necessary and risk an injury... 

At 75 yards per possession (assuming we get average field possession at the 25). We would probably rush 10 yards per series and throw 65. Yeah we would have to score 70 haha. That’s going to be a tough one. 

9 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Played for Liberty Christain.

Its not going to be a pleasant homecoming for him I'm afraid.

Rick

Yes, a Copeland played at Liberty until his senior year when he transferred a mile up the road to Argyle. Had he not gotten hurt in 2017, Argyle would have played in another state championship game. He was a dynamic athlete in high school, hopefully we keep him contained on Saturday.

• Upvote 1