Rasslin' Report ?

Huff

DId anyone stay for the wrestling event after the game last night ?  If so, how did it go ?  We did not stay but heard some cheers go up as we were leaving the stadium so it sounded like some people did stay.    We talked to an athletic department official as we were leaving.   He said that they had a LOT of interest in their ticket office from people calling in wanting to know how much it cost to get in for the wrestling and what time it started.    To me, that is just weird but I guess a lot of people would see my long time interest in North Texas athletics as weird, too.      I guess it is just a matter of what floats your boat.  

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

We stayed and really enjoyed it! It was very entertaining and the crowd that stayed was decent. 

I believe they should have had skme build up throughout the night and a match at half time instead of the band, but it still worked out well. I hope in the future they do more build up during the game and put on a halftime show. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Wish they would had some sort of side line mics on the ring. There's was a lot of dramatics you couldn't hear up in the stands. The music between matches was so loud I think my ears were bleeding.

Overall, I was shocked how many people stayed.  Was an entertaining  way to let the gameday 🍺 wear off before heading home.  Took lots of notes on body slam technique...

20180901_222511.jpg

• Lovely Take 1

It was awesome. Especially after that huge win. Everyone that stuck around, and it was a good crowd, had tons of energy and were into it, having lots of fun. The wrestlers really seemed to be eating it up and really hamming it up with the fans. Ol Hacksaw got the crowd properly fired up. Seeing the Next generation Von Erich’s was really cool.

• Ray 1

I had a blast. I remember going to the sportatorium as a kid and watching ice man king parsons and the von Erich’s.  I was impressed by the last few matches and the pure athleticism of the guys. Some big dudes jumping around and taking some hits.  My 11 year old has never watched a minute of wrestling and he was all into it. That was worth it for me, seeing his reactions. Reminded me of the days my cousins and I would stay up late nights watching World Class Championship wrestling. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

My daughter texted me that she stayed for a bit of the wrestling.  Let's just say that good ole' wrestling action doesn't translate to the younger generation.  Having no knowledge or context of the whole spectacle, she was mightily taken aback by it.  She ruh-heally didn't like some of the caricatures. I told her she has to imagine a time of three television stations and no internet, then I kinda laughed at her 21st century sensitivities. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

I stayed and it was good. It was very funny to watch. We had a good time watching characters from when I was a kid. Iceman King Parsons and Hacksaw have both got to be about 70, Haha, but it was still fun to see. People that stayed really got into it. It was really cool that they let us onto the field to be so up close and personal with the wrestlers. They did put on a good show. Like someone said earlier, it was a good way to relax after such a dominating win. Plus, by the time it was over, most cars were gone and I had a easy time leaving the parking lot and going home. I even took a picture with Iceman. I remember he used to always say "Like mama used to say, if you cain't stand the heat, then get outta the kitchen." I spelled can't with a I on purpose because that is the way he said it.Haha

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Was it the "He says if you don't stop chanting USA USA USA, he's going to raise gas prices!" 😂

I believe that was a direct quote in her texts, yes. 

Edit:  Perhaps I should add this is her first year having a car, and she's just learned that gas costs money. 

Edited by oldguystudent