New Turf Looks Great

Mad Hatter

So I'm really badly color blind.  When you put certain combinations of colors next to each other, they...change. 

I look at the center of the field, I see green.  

I look at the end zone, I see green. 

I look at the end zone abutting up to the field, the field turns...get this...orange! 

This is why I don't need hallucinogenic drugs. 

• Haha 5

50 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Rewatching the game this morning.  The new turf and the end zone look great on tv!  Always bugged me on tv the turf had a brown tint.  This shade of green is perfect.

How are you re watching? I’d love to rewatch the game at some point today 

3 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Rewatching the game this morning.  The new turf and the end zone look great on tv!  Always bugged me on tv the turf had a brown tint.  This shade of green is perfect.

Totally agree on the brown tint of the past turf. The new turf definitely looks better and I've got no problem with the endzone color. I think popping the field with that bright green works. But hey, everything looks better after a great win, right?? 

Yesterday was the first time reading this forum since January and I didn't know we were getting new turf.

I read one turf thread with people discussing the darkness of the Texas outline.  I had absolutely no idea what they were talking about.  I couldn't see a Texas on the field at all.   After a few minutes at the game I finally saw what they were referring to. 

I like the idea of the Texas, along with the attempt at the end zone.  It seems like they should have used the same color for both Texas and end zone. 

I'm glad they didn't, since that color gives me DodgeBall flashbacks and I usually have to be sedated! 

If they would have thrown in about 7 more shades of green it would have been a decent start as an homage to all of the colors we've used over the years.

field-gk-3.jpg

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, meaniegreenie said:

Yesterday was the first time reading this forum since January and I didn't know we were getting new turf.

I read one turf thread with people discussing the darkness of the Texas outline.  I had absolutely no idea what they were talking about.  I couldn't see a Texas on the field at all.   After a few minutes at the game I finally saw what they were referring to. 

I like the idea of the Texas, along with the attempt at the end zone.  It seems like they should have used the same color for both Texas and end zone. 

I'm glad they didn't, since that color gives me DodgeBall flashbacks and I usually have to be sedated! 

If they would have thrown in about 7 more shades of green it would have been a decent start as an homage to all of the colors we've used over the years.

field-gk-3.jpg

Welcome back!

So much better. Glad they changed it. For the first time ever since going to games as a student and watching on TV, last night it felt like a big time program. The field looked legit, not dull/dead grass look like before, and the stands were mostly full. Great work!

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

Here ya go.  Man, you'd think Stadium would make their videos searchable or something.  Had to go back through my posts here to find the damn link! 

Anyone still getting this to work online?  I've tried on my phone and computer and it says  the content isn't available.  Only think I can find on Stadium is highlights.  

7 hours ago, greeneagle1 said:

Did anyone notice that the “North” was missing something in the “North Texas” end zone? Are we doing away with the R that connects to the O? 

2E338F46-AA6B-4E00-A0F5-3B07D1F73316.jpeg

A82AA052-804F-48E2-B11E-3B6B7FA5F3A0.jpeg

#NewDenton

6 minutes ago, untcampbell said:

Haven't seen any posts about the "cooler" turf. Didn't mention it on the Stadium replay. Has anyone heard if the turf is noticeably cooler? Uniforms appeared to be less sweat soaked, but I guessed that was related to the level of competition we were up against.

GMG

Yes I heard it was dramatically cooler