Arkansas Fans Reaction to UNT Dominating SMU

Talon90

I was impressed and surprised by the vocabulary and correct spelling on the Arkansas board. They did, however, misspell Joe Greene and still think we are North Texas State.  One of their posters is right...if Mean Joe and Steve Ramsey came back from past they could kill this current Arkansas team.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 2
  • Ray 1

37 minutes ago, drex said:

I was impressed and surprised by the vocabulary and correct spelling on the Arkansas board. They did, however, misspell Joe Greene and still think we are North Texas State.  One of their posters is right...if Mean Joe and Steve Ramsey came back from past they could kill this current Arkansas team.

I don’t resent the NTSU convention from Arky to the same level as Old Gray Mare due to relative unfamiliarity. We don’t play them as often. 

So, I saw some of their “highlights” vs E. Illinois, let’s say this game is more than winnable.  3-0 near end of 1st and they had ball near 50 or inside to start several drives. 

Edited by GMG24

15 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Did you not make it to the party in Houston last year?  Great blowout!

Rick

I didn't unfortunately.  But from the pics I saw that should happen at every game that people arent flying to (unless thats the CUSA championship game, where there also should be a tailgate).

2 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

I wish the Athletic Dept, Alumni Association, or some UNT entity would organize some sort of away game tailgate for away games we know we'll have fans travelling to. 

I'll be there.

Hmmmm...I have been to several away tailgates at places such as Houston, West Point, Middle Tennessee, New Orleans, SMU..where ya been? 😂

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

14 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Hmmmm...I have been to several away tailgates at places such as Houston, West Point, Middle Tennessee, New Orleans, SMU..where ya been? 😂

I'll be at Arkansas, UTEP, UAB, and UTSA (and hopefully the CUSA championship game)... Let me know where to bring a case of beer and a pack of brats to.

• Upvote 2

On 9/2/2018 at 2:33 PM, South Texas Green said:

Let's take care of Incarnate Word first before we have any Arkansas predictions. There's no gimmes out there. The extra talks just takes away from focusing on making sure the team plays to its full potential against the Cardinals. 

I agree, let's not look past UIW. One game before the other. 

• Lovely Take 2

On 9/2/2018 at 10:59 AM, GMG24 said:

So, I saw some of their “highlights” vs E. Illinois, let’s say this game is more than winnable.  3-0 near end of 1st and they had ball near 50 or inside to start several drives. 

It was 3 - 0 till they put another QB in. He threw for 3 TDs and ran one. It should be a close game if our defense and OL can hold up.

ALSO, we are not on the team. So we can look at and talk about any team we want. If we played for the 2018 North Texas football team then it would make sense to say, "One game at a time" or "Don't look past (insert team they are playing this week)".

Edited by North Texas Shep
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1