OFFICIAL SMU vs. UNT GAME THREAD!!!!

Harry

I wasn't able to watch the game until partway into the 3rd quarter when we were up like 30-0 - and plan to watch the full thing (thanks for posting oldguystudent).  Even with the garbage time TD's SMU scored, I don't see how that can be called anything but an total triumph.  An ass kicking of a local rivaling front of a record crowd.  We've been snake bitten for as long as I can remember with rarely seeming to win games in front of big crowds.  If anything we seemed to lay eggs when we'd get some massive crowd (obviously I know that isn't always true, we've come up big in front of huge crowds before :see Baylor back in the day)-- and it seemed like we'd have to start back from square one as far as winning back trust among the average fan.  

No matter if you watched that game or just see the box score - its obvious NT badly beat the Ponies.  Should set up attendance for the next several weeks.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

The only really bad thing about tonight is our back up defense.

It all comes back to allignment and assignment if you can get lined up correct and know what you’re supposed to do, you play very fast.  If you don’t well, that’s what happens.  It happened at every scrimmage I saw.  When they knew what to do and where to go our 2 defense is fine, nothing wrong but when they didn’t... touchdown 

29 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

It all comes back to allignment and assignment if you can get lined up correct and know what you’re supposed to do, you play very fast.  If you don’t well, that’s what happens.  It happened at every scrimmage I saw.  When they knew what to do and where to go our 2 defense is fine, nothing wrong but when they didn’t... touchdown 

So true!