SMU Game Official Visit List

BillySee58

https://247sports.com/college/north-texas/Article/North-Texas-Mean-Green-football-recruiting-visitors-list-for-season-opener-against-the-SMU-Mustangs-121237325/

Free article, courtesy of Gabe Brooks. Lookout for what he is doing on 247 for the Mean Green. He’s an alum and a top-notch writer.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

Wait, so an SMU commit is visiting NT when they play SMUt? Flip?

King McGowen, three-star OT, Willis (Texas) -- McGowen is committed to SMU, which landed his pledge June 10. The 6-foot-5, 271-pound McGowen is ranked No. 107 overall in the Lone Star State, according to 247Sports. Texas Tech offered McGowen later in June. He also has offers from Houston, Southern Miss, UTEP, and UTSA.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

King McGowen, three-star OT, Willis (Texas) -- McGowen is committed to SMU, which landed his pledge June 10. The 6-foot-5, 271-pound McGowen is ranked No. 107 overall in the Lone Star State, according to 247Sports. Texas Tech offered McGowen later in June. He also has offers from Houston, Southern Miss, UTEP, and UTSA.

Stating the obvious: he also has a UNT offer.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, 97and03 said:

This was the mystery kid I was talking about on the podcast. I like UNT chances.

10 hours ago, greenminer said:

Stating the obvious: he also has a UNT offer.

Sure, and lots of kids take visits after committing, but I have to think coming on your visit for this game is a pretty bad sign for SMUt. Kind of a FU to them in a way, or at least could be taken that way. 

22 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Sure, and lots of kids take visits after committing, but I have to think coming on your visit for this game is a pretty bad sign for SMUt. Kind of a FU to them in a way, or at least could be taken that way. 

I'm not so sure it would have meant all that much. After all, he did go to see SMU. Only problem is how the game turned out, and how many fans were there.

SMU has currently the #1 ranked class among G5. Anybody else thinks that this was really unhelpful to keep that together? Could UNT profit?

• Upvote 1

I saw a lot of recruits/kids in the concession area with lanyards but couldn't make out any names. I did notice some with Mesquite shirts on. Sorry, not much help. 

Regarding SMU, they have played two games under Dykes and look uninspired. Not sure I would be too excited to sign with them.