DRC: UNT officials confirm SMU game approaching sellout

Brett Vito

I love everything Wren has done.  He's the best AD we have ever had.  I hope he's right and I am wrong.

3 hours ago, NT93 said:

"We are expecting a crowd that is at or near our record and maybe even a sellout if we get our typical walk-up," UNT athletic director Wren Baker said.

There is no way our typical walk up crowd is as big as the amount of available seats.  

• Downvote 2

55 minutes ago, Talon90 said:

I love everything Wren has done.  He's the best AD we have ever had.  I hope he's right and I am wrong.

There is no way our typical walk up crowd is as big as the amount of available seats.  

This won't be a typical walk up crowd.  We're going to have a few hundred wrasslin fans in there too.  That being said we probably fall short of 30k.

11 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

You all forget that "walk up" includes students. We will be 30,000 plus. 

We are going by the ticket map.  No student sections have available tickets. So the assumption is they will already be full.  Students that walk up don't sit or buy tickets on the press box side/endzone side of the stadium where the available seats are located.  Again, I hope I'm wrong.

• Downvote 2

23 minutes ago, Talon90 said:

We are going by the ticket map.  No student sections have available tickets. So the assumption is they will already be full.  Students that walk up don't sit or buy tickets on the press box side/endzone side of the stadium where the available seats are located.  Again, I hope I'm wrong.

I've been told typical walk up is between 1,500-3,000. I think this will be on the high side. So let's say 3,000-3,500. I've heard there's 8,000 tickets in the student sections. What if 10,000 show? Maybe they'd put them in some of those seats? Where are the free student guest tickets going?  Students and upper endzone (as well as lower endzone behind the goalpost) is all GA. I'm starting to wonder if they might not have oversold the cheapest tickets (GA). If you have 3,500 walk ups and they actually have to buy seats, it would be close. I guestimate somewhere between 3,000 and 3,500 actual seats remain. Who knows where they are on GA. I've checked the maps throughout the day. While many seats remain, several sections have large chunks gone from them compared to this morning.

• Upvote 1