UAB tonight

TheColonyEagle

3 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I don’t know if bearing up on Savannah St means they’ll win CUSA....

but their D was dominate and the offense was pretty efficient in this game 

Didn't say that.
But there are several people on here who are more concerned with LATech, Southern Miss, & even UTSA.    UAB is strong.

• Upvote 1

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

Didn't say that.
But there are several people on here who are more concerned with LATech, Southern Miss, & even UTSA.    UAB is strong.

They're strong....I just think they're a little overhyped. I'm absolutely more concerned with La Tech and it's not even close. Even at home

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Didn't say that.

These "several people" are still living in 2017.   UNT, La Tech, and UAB are the top three teams in the west with So Miss right behind.  UTSA is really going to struggle this season unless they luck into another quality quarterback.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Didn't say that.

I think UAB is overrated.  They are a distant third behind us and La Tech and are close to Southern Miss.  Go back and watch the game last year.  It should not have been close.

3 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

These "several people" are still living in 2017.   UNT, La Tech, and UAB are the top three teams in the west with So Miss right behind.  UTSA is really going to struggle this season unless they luck into another quality quarterback.

I think UTSA's performance vs Arizona State on Saturday will give us a good indication on what kind of team they are fielding this year. 

As for UAB, I am only concerned with them because we have to go to Birmingham. But I just don't fear them. A bad Florida team manhandled them last year and Ohio spanked them in the bowl game. If our defense shows any kind of improvement like many are predicting, we'll beat them going away.  

Edited by NorthTexasWeLove
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I think UAB is overrated.  They are a distant third behind us and La Tech and are close to Southern Miss.  Go back and watch the game last year.  It should not have been close.

They were also in their first year after their exodus from college football.  Just like we expect to be better next season with our young kids being a year older, they should have that same benefit.  Yes, we should have killed them last year but we didn't.   They have an explosive offense and a really good coach.   

15 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

They were also in their first year after their exodus from college football.  Just like we expect to be better next season with our young kids being a year older, they should have that same benefit.  Yes, we should have killed them last year but we didn't.   They have an explosive offense and a really good coach.   

Explosive is a stretch. 

Had it not been for 1-11 Rice, their season high would've been the 43 points vs your UNT Mean Green. But that's no surprise, most teams we played had their 1st 2nd or 3rd highest offensive output on the 2017 season.  

A pretty good Ohio defense held UAB to 6 points. We don't need to be pretty good in any of our games to win outside of Arkansas. We need to be serviceable. 

20 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Explosive is a stretch. 

Yeah, Explosive is how you describe a Firework show not UAB's offense. They are solid and move the ball but I wouldn't say they are explosive

36 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

Yeah, Explosive is how you describe a Firework show not UAB's offense. They are solid and move the ball but I wouldn't say they are explosive

Until they explode on one of your CBs (with the same double move) for 2 50+yd TDs... right?    Is that not the very definition of "explosive offense"?

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Until they explode on one of your CBs (with the same double move) for 2 50+yd TDs... right?    Is that not the very definition of "explosive offense"?

No, that’s the definition of “shitty DB technique.”

Edited by emmitt01
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

No, that's our DB getting caught jumping routes. We can go back and forth but SMU is the focus now. Guess we shall see later this year. 

5 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

No, that’s the definition of “shitty DB technique.”

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

No, that's our DB getting caught jumping routes. We can go back and forth but SMU is the focus now. Guess we shall see later this year. 

Wouldn’t we say the same thing about Guyton if he made some dude look foolish twice?  “He’s such a playmaker.  So explosive...”

• Thanks 1