Direct TV dumps beIN Sportz???

I just checked my UVerse schedule menu and was momentarily buoyed when I found the BEin channels and programming.  Then I got to our time slot for LA Tech and found it marked "To Be Announced". I got out of the menu and entered the channel number (1662 in my case). To my supreme disappointment, I got the screen saying "You Are Not Subscribed To This Channel".  Well, I used to be! What AT&T has done is drop it from my U200 plan (more than everything I need and use), which indicates to me that it must only be on the U300 plan now (read all types of shit and priced very high). I deduce this because I can tell the current programming is running on some plan and I just can't see the picture. They have obviously done this without notifying customers! I feel extremely irrigated!!! But not enough to pony up the big bucks to the profiteers for the bloated super plan, which I used to have about three years back.  Conclusion: Smells like an AT&T power play to me.

200w.gif

1394213194_ATT.png.f69e7a58c5765f990ead9f5f948561cf.png                                       

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/30/2018 at 4:15 PM, TheColonyEagle said:

According to Bein, they're trying to get their channel moved to the lower priced packages....

Don't know what that means for each party...

In the case of AT&T UVerse, they have three plans of which I am aware: U100, U200 and U300. I used to have U300 for several years but dropped it. Total waste of money unless you are a TV-holic. I have had U200 for the last three years and have watched the Bein channels within the last month or two. I just checked today and got a message that said I was not subscribed. I interpret that to mean that AT&T has moved BEin to U300 only. Further, they did not notify customers of the switch.

6 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

https://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/bein-sports-reaches-new-deal-with-dish-and-sling-tv

maybe att, directv and comcast can get a deal before next Saturday's game with UTEP 

Ooops! I posted before I read the above article...looks like I was right, though.

Signed, Captain Obvious