Direct TV dumps beIN Sportz???

Reading the comments on Bein's own page....it looks like a lot of people are pissed at them instead of the carriers. I'm not a big soccer fan but they seem to be the ones with the biggest gripe.

As for CUSA, what does this say about our TV deal that we have a deal with a channel that no one wants?

What the hell is Bein going to do if no major carriers show their channel?

Just now, TheColonyEagle said:

Reading the comments on Bein's own page....it looks like a lot of people are pissed at them instead of the carriers. I'm not a big soccer fan but they seem to be the ones with the biggest gripe.

As for CUSA, what does this say about our TV deal that we have a deal with a channel that no one wants?

What the hell is Bein going to do if no major carriers show their channel?

It sucks for us.  They misrepresented themselves!

The problem that the lower G5s have, and even the Upper G5s, too, is that the major networks will only televise your games on odd days and often at odd times. Hence the reason we see MAC games with junior high attendance during the week, while none of their games are played on Saturdays in their conference season. The SBC has had similar issues, as well.

Now, we in CUSA, are about to have to bite this same bullet. Either go ESPN/CBS and get their weakest setup for a game to be televised on a mid-week night, starting at 8:00. 

The MWC have basically decided to try and put traditional game day schedules ahead of TV because of this stuff. Of course, their banking on their fans to make up the difference by actually attending games versus watching them on TV.

If stuff like this cannot convince these conferences to regionalize, then nothing will. The key for the lower G5, especially, is to control costs and make the in-game experience the way to go. Close travel, with teams people care about, all help this situation. The Texas CUSA schools don't need to be in a conference with the F_Us or ODU and Charlotte. Texas State doesn't need to be in a conference with Appalachian State and Georgia Southern. Get this figured out and you'll go a long way into fixing the issues that happen when FAU hosted us in the CUSA Championship Game in front of hundreds of fans, instead of the tens of thousands that other conference championships get.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Anyone know any update on this? Are they still negotiating?

Two more weeks then we're supposed to be on Bein when we play @ Utep

It's not getting fixed anytime soon. I'll probably do the free trial of Fubo TV and stream it but I know there's more than one game on BEin for us. 

Edit- there's three....including La Tech.....damn. 

Edited by meanrob

On 8/30/2018 at 1:54 PM, GreenN'walinsVet said:

As the manager of a sports bar, i really hope ATT gets their Sh*t together and gets BEIN back on board real quick.  If for nothing else, it will impact my soccer watching crowd.

What's the bar, and where is it? I'm assuming you theme it as a UNT bar as much as you can.

1 minute ago, TheColonyEagle said:

So we can't watch it on Directv, UVerse or Comcast.

What are our options? I guess have to find somewhere that can show it? What sports bars don't have Directv?

Man....this sucks.

It appears that Spectrum still carries it.  As a result, Spectrum customers can stream it through beIN Sports’ website as well.  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

What are our options? I guess have to find somewhere that can show it? What sports bars don't have Directv?

Man....this sucks.

https://www.viprow.net/sports-american-football-online

Go there every game if you're not finding a watch party.

25 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Man....this sucks.

Sling TV or fuboTV. Both have bein (add the sports pack with Sling). fubo has a 7 day free trial. Sling does as well, but I don't know if you can add the sports pack to that.