Sonny Dykes pre-UNT Radio show link with Dick Hicks

Harry

Thought Sonny was fairly complimentary toward the Mean Green overall.  One would expect as such, and probably the same from Seth, allowing they like each other so much.

By the way...first Coaches Radio Show tonight (8/28) at 7:00pm...coming to you once again from Rudy's in Denton.  Come join the Mean Green folks in attendance if you can make it tonight.

BTW...that "It's Always Sonny on the Hilltop" is pretty darn weak! Beat SMU!!!!

Thanks @Harry. Nice segments with Sonny on UNT. Certainly respects what Littrell is doing with the program, and obviously has a lot of respect for Mason Fine. Both sides familiar with one another, although they will have a better idea of what UNT is going to do, rather than vice versa. Especially with the Rhett Lashleee influence on offense. Should be a fun night in Denton on a Saturday!

Dykes seems to be a straight-forward, no bullshit kind of guy...but likeable. I can see how he and Littrell would be on the same wavelength. Dykes and I certainly agree about uniforms, and I often have the same thoughts when watching a game. 🙂

I guess in this instance, with this much overlap they really respect each other. That said, coaches almost always are fairly nice and talk opposition up (unless they are clear-cut underdogs anyway). The reason is simple: you want to lower the expectations, so you don't get fired as easily.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1