Official SMU Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

4 hours ago, malonish said:

An objective view: last year a worse defense for SMU kept UNT to ten points until garbage time. I expect more skill and speed on the back 7 this year with GT help at LB (sorely needed) and better people opposite Jordan Wyatt at CB.  SMU WR corps will fall off a lot but also won't be forcing it to one or two guys on risky throws. Assume Fine and Hicks both improved over time so the throwers are going to be accurate. SMU keeps all running backs, UNT loses their big one but has an experienced one ready to carry the load. Last year the YPC from UNT running was pretty low so gonna be a lot of passing (32 passes to 27 runs last year). Both teams will spread the ball in the air without relying on one target too heavily.

Homer view:

With drop off at wide receiver but a multiple school record holder at QB delivering the ball and one of the top RB groups in our conference I have confidence that it will be a fun shoot out and I'm a homer so we win in my Kool-aid head. We also got one of the, if not the, best S&C coach in college football getting our guys stronger and faster. We might not have Mr. Jump Ball Sutton but we have proven speed at WR a little bit below the level of Quinn with some of those transfers. Heck, Quinn was a 1 year transfer so it's not instantly a negative. Our former 1000 yard RB West will be playing around at WR and RB so look for his speed to mix with the power of Jones(>1000 last year) and Freeman.

Now shut up and take my money!

Record breaking qb isn’t impressive when the golden years’ playbook of Dickerson to the left for score, hooker slayer right for score, meet at the Tri Delt house for post game desserts. 

We come out of the gate fast, then hold off their fourth-quarter rally. Light The Tower!

UNT  -  52

SMUt - 49

When asked about defense at post-game presser, coaches both say "What?".

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Silent Eagle said:

Record breaking qb isn’t impressive when the golden years’ playbook of Dickerson to the left for score, hooker slayer right for score, meet at the Tri Delt house for post game desserts. 

By that logic, Fine isn't very impressive because your last coach ran the ball 3 times and punted all game. I don't buy it. Both are great QBs.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Predictions:

SCRAPPY - 41

peruna - 31

Offense continues to roll....defense slightly improves.  Strength and conditioning plays a factor as we wear them down.

UNT fans begin ridiculous possible undefeated season talk.

SMU fans begin ridiculous possible defeated season talk.

Someone with the last name Von Erich will raise a belt around midnight.

Matt Simon will be smiling on Saturday night somewhere in Delaware.😊

Edited by Talon90
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Talon90 said:

Predictions:

SCRAPPY - 41

peruna - 31

Offense continues to roll....defense slightly improves.  Strength and conditioning plays a factor as we wear them down.

UNT fans begin ridiculous possible undefeated season talk.

SMU fans begin ridiculous possible defeated season talk.

Matt Simon will be smiling on Saturday night somewhere in Delaware.😊

Don't be silly.
The undefeated season talk won't begin until after the Arkansas win!

• Haha 2