Bryce English

MRH

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

Is it?

No one really knows. Can't confirm or deny. 

All we can base anything off of is the performance of returning players. If we do that, I would say it may be an issue. An improved DL will help them, but I would say we should be concerned all things defense related until proven otherwise. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

I am with you on this one.. Can Mr. @wardly explain or expand on that comment.

Yes, please elaborate because while McClain and jenkins graduated, we have 2 seniors at CB in Nate Brooks and Kemon Hall. We also have Muhammad and Robinson who are both juniors. I think Tyreke Davis breaks out this year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wardly said:

secondary is still a problem

57 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Is it?

48 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

I am with you on this one.. Can Mr. @wardly explain or expand on that comment.

15 minutes ago, MRH said:

Yes, please elaborate because while McClain and jenkins graduated, we have 2 seniors at CB in Nate Brooks and Kemon Hall. We also have Muhammad and Robinson who are both juniors. I think Tyreke Davis breaks out this year.

I think it's safe to say that the secondary is still a question mark.  Last year, we had the 107th-ranked 3rd down defense.  We had some issues, and we have lost some key pieces that kept things from being worse.  I think we'll see some improvement in the secondary.  But that remains a question that will begin to be answered on Saturday.

1 hour ago, MRH said:

I believe my adopted son will have a huge year and turn a lot of heads!!

23 hours ago, MRH said:

Anyone heard anything on his status? Is he good to go to play against  SMU?

He is a game changer and will be crushing SMU dreams shortly.  He will have to play himself into shape.  He has a step none of our DL have.  

He is seriously a freak.  No one will believe me until he’s doing it in games, but he provides no drop off and an improvement in my mind over TJ when he comes in. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, wardly said:

secondary is still a problem

A good DL and pass rush help, I don’t think Secondary is as big of a problem as everyone acted.  You play man with no safety help you’re gunna get burned.  You do that vs teams who have better athletes you get burned more often.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MRH said:

Can’t wait for Saturday. We know the offense will be good. Having more size and athleticism on the DLine will help a lot

.I learned this the hard way. I didn’t exactly get greeted with warm fuzzies.

Its fine. I completely realize there was no malicious intent, just comprehensible curiosity. It just happened to be the unfortunate timing causing me to fear the worst.

Also be careul what you wish for..., not sure you'd really want warm fuzzies from me

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1