A hypothetical for you

emmitt01

I know everyone already has their ideas concerning how many games we will win this year (many have already got their “butts on the record”).  

So, what I want to know is, what is your current prediction for the season record...and what would it be if I added just two players; Brandon Kennedy on defense and Jamario Thomas (freshman version) on offense.  

I’ll start.  

Current prediction, 9-5

With the additions, 12-2

• Thanks 1
  • Ray 1

21 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I know everyone already has their ideas concerning how many games we will win this year (many have already got their “butts on the record”).  

So, what I want to know is, what is your current prediction for the season record...and what would it be if I added just two players; Brandon Kennedy on defense and Jamario Thomas (freshman version) on offense.  

I’ll start.  

Current prediction, 9-5

With the additions, 12-2

I am not sure BK will help this team. He is like 36 now. And probably out of shape. And I’d put my money on it he can’t dunk like he once could. I think we would do better with the current players. 

• Haha 2

On 8/26/2018 at 11:25 AM, Travis said:

I am not sure BK will help this team. He is like 36 now. And probably out of shape. And I’d put my money on it he can’t dunk like he once could. I think we would do better with the current players. 

Sounds like Ty Cobb's quote about hitting .290 in his seventies.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

I’ll add a question to ponder:

what is our record if Dan McCarney is still coaching this team right now? Keep in mind that means we don’t have Mason Fine right now, probably starting Chumley at QB now.

Id say we go 2-10

Ya probably would be lining up McFine at Qb if Danny was still here😂

On August 28, 2018 at 11:35 AM, Green P1 said:

I’ll have a glass of what ur drinking plz. 

It's Bushmills. But I stand by my statement: If he stays healthy Nic Smith could challenge Lance Dunbar's rushing record. Let's circle back in a few years and if I've completely missed the mark I'll buy you a bottle of Bushmills. Go Mean Green. 

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1

On 8/28/2018 at 12:35 PM, Green P1 said:

I’ll have a glass of what ur drinking plz. 

2 hours ago, adman said:

It's Bushmills. But I stand by my statement: If he stays healthy Nic Smith could challenge Lance Dunbar's rushing record. Let's circle back in a few years and if I've completely missed the mark I'll buy you a bottle of Bushmills. Go Mean Green. 

It's not really that far fetched...

Lance Dunbar's season numbers

2011 - 1,115

2010 - 1,552

2009 - 1,378

2008 - 179

Nic Smith

2017 - 684

So compare Lance's first year to Nic's first year and he's already ahead of schedule.

Records are made to be broken.

• Lovely Take 1

11 minutes ago, keith said:

It's not really that far fetched...

Lance Dunbar's season numbers

2011 - 1,115

2010 - 1,552

2009 - 1,378

2008 - 179

Nic Smith

2017 - 684

So compare Lance's first year to Nic's first year and he's already ahead of schedule.

Records are made to be broken.

I think this offense will make it a little more difficult to reach 1552yds RUSHING for any RB.   Factor in short passes, and maybe, but that's not what was specified.
Then again, Littrell's offense got Tevin Coleman over 2,000 yards in one season at Indiana, so I suppose it could happen.