College games today

Marty

Prairie View at Rice, tonight? First I've heard of it.  Of course, the Houston news media are focused on the anniversary of Harvey.  The only sports they're covering are the Astros and Texans.

• Lovely Take 1

37 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Duqueso? Where's that? 

Pissburg.  I've always associated them with basketball.  Quite interesting school, actually:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duquesne_University

Their opponent today is more well known ...UMMMM Ass.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DeepGreen said:

Anyone watching the Hawaii vs Colorado State game?  See that CSU field, alternating green?  That’s what I want in Apogee.  BTW, CSU has a really nice stadium.

Uh, not necessasarily the same shades CSU uses.

Watching North Carolina AT&T vs JSI. Great game guys.

9 minutes ago, Stix said:

per Gamecast, Rice wins on a final second field goal.

I guess PVA&M is more experienced at losing.

I watched most of the game.  Rice came from behind to tie it up late and then kicked the winning field goal with one second remaining.  I guess a win is a win, but I don’t think they made C-USA proud. 

• Upvote 1

I feel for the Sand Aggies.  They're the one school we've dominated over the years so I always pull for them whenever they play another school.  

But man...they just don't have anything.  They don't even have a conference to play in.  The place is unbelievably ugly, which is why I've always thought of it as "The Afghanistan of the West".  It's a wonder they can talk any recruit at all to sign with them?  They've had 5 winning seasons in 40 years.  Their AD Dept obviously worked hard to promote tonight's game against Wyoming as they got a great crowd to come out.  But then the game started and their team didn't show up...yet again..  IDK...it's just sad.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Thanks 1