What Uniforms?

NT91

Barring any surprise uniform for the team, I think the players should get to vote for every combo they wear week to week. 

I'll admit I definitely have my opinions on what we wear, but the bottom line is let's make sure we have every advantage no matter how small.  

If the uniform helps to fuel the fire, let the team enjoy what they vote for. 

• Upvote 2

On 8/26/2018 at 8:13 PM, South Texas Green said:

Barring any surprise uniform for the team, I think the players should get to vote for every combo they wear week to week. 

I'll admit I definitely have my opinions on what we wear, but the bottom line is let's make sure we have every advantage no matter how small.  

If the uniform helps to fuel the fire, let the team enjoy what they vote for. 

I've always liked the idea of using uniform decisions to reward players' practice efforts.  Maybe standout practice players are selected during the week to be part of a group that determines the uniform combination for a given game.  For all I know, the staff may already have considered or implemented something like this.

As for surprise uniforms, from the annual ESPN Uni-Watch CFB Preview column...

"Also: A team spokesperson says the Mean Green will have a "special surprise uniform set" for one game this season. No details yet regarding the game or opponent."

I'm guessing a uni surprise is planned for FAU given the opponent and fact that it's a nationally broadcast home game.

• Lovely Take 1

On 8/26/2018 at 5:46 PM, Joeseph Whitaker said:

Will we ever be wearing Jordan branded uniforms or ever have the chance to buy Jordan gear?  There is a video of coach with a Jordan branded shirt on the website. 

This is definitely a case of me being an old man... because i do not understand the big deal between having the checkmark  vs having jordan on your uniform. especially when everything else is exactly the same

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Withers940 said:

Throwback Uniforms are going to make an appearance this year so be on the look out. Possibly week 5

nt-07-10-greenwhite-raycarlin-675x380.jp 

you mean these throwbacks?

• Haha 2
  • Ray 2
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Per the link above, gray pants are being added.  I'll be the first to dislike those sight unseen.  I also noticed a "surprise" set is coming to one game.  Hope it is a throwback as @Withers940 mentioned above.

I used to work for a national sporting goods company that helped with the jerseys this year and an old coworker of mine told me to be on the look out for throw backs week 5. Whether this is true or not, we shall see. His hint on the throw backs though have me super excited.

Think waaaaaaaaaay back

Edited by Withers940