Does your spouse or significant other support your UNT habit?

Harry

5 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Clown comment. They are one of the first schools to play division 1 basketball, they have the original rules of the game in their main viewing area along with their National Championship trophies, and they have some of the richest and deep history in college basketball. Why wouldn't you want to play there? 

You are so very right.  When 18 year old kids from urban environments are growing up they often say to their homies “Damn dawg, they got old ass hoops rules in a display case! And you know how I gives a shit about antiques”

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

You are so very right.  When 18 year old kids from urban environments are growing up they often say to their homies “Damn dawg, they got old ass hoops rules in a display case! And you know how I gives a shit about antiques”

They do however like playing in a full house every night where that sport is the biggest one on campus and happens to be held at the best place the sport has to offer...

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Good job with the stereotyping, clown, because every basketball player is an inner city kid that talks like that and grew up in that environment 🙄. Kansas is always right there in the hunt for a National Title. That's enough to make anyone want to play there

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4

46 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

If you don't think that seeing those trophies there and having the chance to aspire to that isn't motivational enough to make someone want to play there, then you should just stop commenting on sports because you've obviously never played. They aren't just any normal "antiques" clown. They're the reason most of us donate and keep supporting this school 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

I am just worried about KU’s AD that was shaken about the NCAA ruling one of their players ineligible because his guardian accepted money to direct to KU. Long just doesn’t understand how they should be punished. Guess he’s secretly pissed UNC got a pass for their academic miscues and he didn’t. 

44 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

If you don't think that seeing those trophies there and having the chance to aspire to that isn't motivational enough to make someone want to play there, then you should just stop commenting on sports because you've obviously never played. They aren't just any normal "antiques" clown. They're the reason most of us donate and keep supporting this school 

Hey clown....they don’t care about the trophies they want to go pro and get max exposure. If they cared about the “history” they would stay there longer than a year...”clown”. I’ve filled my quota for clown and Kansas talk for a year.

-GMG

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Hey clown....they don’t care about the trophies they want to go pro and get max exposure. If they cared about the “history” they would stay there longer than a year...”clown”. I’ve filled my quota for clown and Kansas talk for a year.

-GMG

And they don't want to win a National Title in the process, even if it is only for one year? And playing at a program like KU won't get them Max exposure and better reputation than most other basketball programs to get to the pros? Well, based on your reply, you should get used to the word since you are the definition of it

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

man, there isn’t any middle ground when you talk about blue bloods

Fair enough. I've been following this board long enough to know that some of these posters are dinosaurs that aren't able to grasp that the world is no longer in the past like they think it still is

• Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Fair enough. I've been following this board long enough to know that some of these posters are dinosaurs that aren't able to grasp that the world is no longer in the past like they think it still is

Players are less selfish? Players are more selfish? Programs cheat less?

do you have KU ties?

9 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Players are less selfish? Players are more selfish? Programs cheat less?

do you have KU ties?

Players are more selfish and programs cheat more. That's why players try to get theirs then run off to the pros, hence why they want to win for a year at somewhere like KU or Kentucky where the exposure is greater for the year they are there. And none other than dating a Jayhawk and living in Kansas. Barely going to my first KU game next weekend. My degree says North Texas on it

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

And they don't want to win a National Title in the process, even if it is only for one year? And playing at a program like KU won't get them Max exposure and better reputation than most other basketball programs to get to the pros? Well, based on your reply, you should get used to the word since you are the definition of it

The last time Kansas won a national championship was 2008. If they wanted to win a national championship then they wouldn’t leave the program after one year guy...they obviously have other priorities. I don’t feel like I’m speaking in code here. If you defend North Texas Athletics as much as you defend KU then welcome aboard...But jeeez man 🤨

• Downvote 1

That also isn't to say that every program is cheating like the dinosaurs make it out to be. According to them, there is no honest program left. That is what I'm arguing against. Some schools get the best players because they know the program and reputation will earn them accolades even if just for a year playing for them. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Salsa_Verde said:

The last time Kansas won a national championship was 2008. If they wanted to win a national championship then they wouldn’t leave the program after one year guy...they obviously have other priorities. I don’t feel like I’m speaking in code here. If you defend North Texas Athletics as much as you defend KU then welcome aboard...But jeeez man 🤨

I don't buy it. They know that even just going there gives them a greater chance for it and reputation for the pros, even if just for one year. And no need to question my allegiance to North Texas. I'm the only one in Kansas with North Texas stuff on my car and in my office. 

53 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

That also isn't to say that every program is cheating like the dinosaurs make it out to be. According to them, there is no honest program left. That is what I'm arguing against. Some schools get the best players because they know the program and reputation will earn them accolades even if just for a year playing for them. 

Like KU?  I mean, they are so honest...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/25909441/kansas-ad-says-faith-ncaa-shaken-following-silvio-de-sousa-ruling%3fplatform=amp

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

7 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

One player that got screwed by a third party affiliate. I am over this conversation. I was simply trying to share my story on this post then that wanker NorthTexasWeLove decided to go on the offensive and I had to respond. Done

11 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Bruuuuuhhhh ---

These dudes opt to go there because it is a top 2 blue blood program and that kind of offer increases their already self absorbed ego AND, more importantly, 💰 💰 💰 💰 💰

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

One player that got screwed by a third party affiliate. I am over this conversation. I was simply trying to share my story on this post then that wanker NorthTexasWeLove decided to go on the offensive and I had to respond. Done

This wanker? Every single person that posted following me talked shit on KU in some form or fashion. Yet, I'm the wanker. Carry on. 

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

This wanker? Every single person that posted following me talked shit on KU in some form or fashion. Yet, I'm the wanker. Carry on. 

You initiated, hence my response. We wouldn't have gone down the rabbit's hole if you had stayed on topic, but here we are. And yes, after following this site for a while, you are arguably the most deluded clown on here, which is probably why you had to change names. I'm coming for you 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

You initiated, hence my response. We wouldn't have gone down the rabbit's hole if you had stayed on topic, but here we are. And yes, after following this site for a while, you are arguably the most deluded clown on here, which is probably why you had to change names. I'm coming for you 

Coming for me? Lol, please. Guess your wife isn't the only diehard KU fan. Nerve struck. 

And I didn't change names to hide my identity. My name is Ben Gooding, pretty open about that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Coming for me? Lol, please. Guess your wife isn't the only diehard KU fan. Nerve struck. 

And I didn't change names to hide my identity. My name is Ben Gooding, pretty open about that. 

Biggest NT fan you'll find. There's a reason why my name is hooligan

• Eye Roll 1