Does your spouse or significant other support your UNT habit?

Harry

My wife did not graduate from UNT,  but she has adopted them over the years and in many ways and pulls for them even more than her own alma mater.  I was just interested in how other significant others handle their partners’ Mean Green addiction and their level of UNT support.

I usually drag mine to the first game.

She attended Stephens College(Mo.) for two years, then received her Undergraduate degree from U of H, and her Masters from Lamar Univ.

She’s not a big sports fan.  But she is my wonderful wife of 38 years.

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Ray 1

I met my wife when I played football for UNT and she played soccer for UNT. She knew exactly what she was getting into.

Not to mention, she ditches me during games sometimes to hang out with her friends which frees my friends and I up to do our thing. She also leaves me alone when games are on TV because I get a bit angry watching football. She also has never told me we have to much UNT gear.

• Upvote 5
  • Ray 1

I would say my wife puts up with my UNT obsession. She goes to most of the home football games, but she’s not always thrilled about it. She goes because she knows I enjoy the game.   She also knows that I’ll always love a UNT polo/jacket/pullover/hat as a gift.

She doesn’t quite understand my excitement about our current recruiting class, but she’ll understand in two years! GMG!

• Upvote 2

My wife went to Ohio State.  She is pretty supportive and does not complain much about my Houston to Dallas drives during football season.   She knows Mean Green gear makes the best Christmas gifts.  And usually joins me for a game or two.  That said, I can tell she and her Ohio State parents think rooting for a team that can’t compete for National Championship is silly.  

Sidenote: my inlaws pay more for four season tickets at the top of the horseshoe than I do for four club seats at UNT.  Screw that. 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

I met my wife when I played football for UNT and she played soccer for UNT. She knew exactly what she was getting into.

Not to mention, she ditches me during games sometimes to hang out with her friends which frees my friends and I up to do our thing. She also leaves me alone when games are on TV because I get a bit angry watching football. She also has never told me we have to much UNT gear.

You win...bragger

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

We met in HS and married while at NTSU ('71). As others have stated "she tolerates" going to the games, just as she tolerated my short HS coaching career.  It costs me a shopping trip per game!  Hey, even got her to go to a basketball game last year.  Our first roundball game in 50 years!  See y'all in a week!! Fly Like An Eagle! 

050A Gail and Wade at NTSU basketball game0001 w green heart.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Ray 1

My wife is all in, despite getting her nursing degree from UT Austin.  She was the IV nurse during the Dickey years and was one of the few who could start an IV on Booger.  Just recently got her going to BB game though. She fell in love with last years CBI Champions!

• Lovely Take 2

The best understatement on this board happened in This thread, “I get a little angry watching football” on the TV.  Oh my gosh there are others. 

Back to the question...as long as I feed them lots of snacks they are completely in.  Definitely a supporter but they get excited about the junk snacks like I get excited about the release of our new sports schedules.

Everybody wins!

GMG

Edited by NM Green
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1