2018 Player Adoption Thread

MeanGreenTexan

For those of you unfamiliar with the player adoption tradition, here on GoMeanGreen.com, any poster who wants to participate will 'adopt' a player on the roster to follow throughout the year.   Only one player per poster, and one poster per player.  We don't do co-parenting.  So pick your guy quick!
If your boy has a nice game, come on the board, give us the stats/plays, and let us know how proud you are.  
If he has a bad game, you'll have to defend him against the guys ripping him on here like any good parent would.

Here's the roster:
Roster

Players who were 'adopted' last year still belong to the same poster, unless that poster is a bad parent & abandons their boy at the fire station.  
To give everyone plenty of time to see this year's thread and grab their guys, we'll set the 'claim by' date at next Friday, 8/31.
Once 8/31 rolls around and the previously-adopted player still isn't claimed, he's all yours. 
For example: If  @TheReal_jayD gets lost in recruiting stats & forgets to reclaim Super WR Jaylen Guyton before midnight on 8/31, then Jaylen is up for grabs.  
If he does reply, reclaiming him, he's off-limits for everyone else.

Guys like @Side Show Joe, @MGNation92, @MeanGreenMailbox aka TFLF & @97and03 are going to have to wipe away their tears of pride after watching their Seniors from last season graduate & get back into the game with a new player.

Last year, we had a 3 page thread with 33 guys adopted.  We can do better... There are 105 guys to choose from!

Here's last year's thread to see who is already adopted:

So without further ado...  I'll kick this thing off by re-adopting:

Rico Bussey Jr.
Bussey_Jr__Rico_Polo_FB18.jpg?width=300

Mr. Bussey is coming off a Fantastic Sophomore campaign in which he went for 47 catches / 677 yds / 7 TDs.  (Not far off my prediction last year of:   48 catches / 440 yds / 6 TDs!)

This year, I'm going to fearlessly predict a line of:  53 catches / 701 yds / 9 TDs.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2

1 minute ago, AustinFromUNT said:

My man Bryce English didn't play last season due to a terrible foot injury. He'll be back and better than ever this season. Lets go #34. I had a loving home last year and adopted a second player, Mr. Andy Flusche. He has grown up and flown the nest, so I am back to a 1 bird home this year.

I'm going likewise with the rotation-mate with Bryce in #15 Ulaiasi Tauaalo; R-Sr, 6'2, 300 lb. I think the two of them are going to anchor the defense in a way we've desperately sought the last four or five years.

The Tauaalo Bear cometh.

Tauaalo_Ulaiasi_Polo_FB18.jpg?width=300

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

I'm going likewise with the rotation-mate with Bryce in #15 Ulaiasi Tauaalo; R-Sr, 6'2, 300 lb. I think the two of them are going to anchor the defense in a way we've desperately sought the last four or five years.

The Tauaalo Bear cometh.

Tauaalo_Ulaiasi_Polo_FB18.jpg?width=300

This has been my dude since his freshman year. But you beat me to it. 

So, I will roll with his counterpart, Roderick Young. He's moving out to his natural position in the 3-3-5 and won't have to bare the weight of double teams all season. Expect to see him explode this season! 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

For those of you unfamiliar with the player adoption tradition, here on GoMeanGreen.com, any poster who wants to participate will 'adopt' a player on the roster to follow throughout the year.   Only one player per poster, and one poster per player.  We don't do co-parenting.  So pick your guy quick!
If your boy has a nice game, come on the board, give us the stats/plays, and let us know how proud you are.  
If he has a bad game, you'll have to defend him against the guys ripping him on here like any good parent would.

Here's the roster:
Roster

Players who were 'adopted' last year still belong to the same poster, unless that poster is a bad parent & abandons their boy at the fire station.  
To give everyone plenty of time to see this year's thread and grab their guys, we'll set the 'claim by' date at next Friday, 8/31.
Once 8/31 rolls around and the previously-adopted player still isn't claimed, he's all yours. 
For example: If  @TheReal_jayD gets lost in recruiting stats & forgets to reclaim Super WR Jaylen Guyton before midnight on 8/31, then Jaylen is up for grabs.  
If he does reply, reclaiming him, he's off-limits for everyone else.

Guys like @Side Show Joe, @MGNation92, @MeanGreenMailbox aka TFLF & @97and03 are going to have to wipe away their tears of pride after watching their Seniors from last season graduate & get back into the game with a new player.

Last year, we had a 3 page thread with 33 guys adopted.  We can do better... There are 105 guys to choose from!

Here's last year's thread to see who is already adopted:

So without further ado...  I'll kick this thing off by re-adopting:

Rico Bussey Jr.
Bussey_Jr__Rico_Polo_FB18.jpg?width=300

Mr. Bussey is coming off a Fantastic Sophomore campaign in which he went for 47 catches / 677 yds / 7 TDs.  (Not far off my prediction last year of:   48 catches / 440 yds / 6 TDs!)

This year, I'm going to fearlessly predict a line of:  53 catches / 701 yds / 9 TDs.

I could handle 13.2 yards per catch this year. 

He's also the got the best name to emphatically/phonetically say after a touchdown. 

Edited by meanrob
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

I’m gonna go Nick Smith as he sets off to break the school’s career rushing record over these next three years.

I’d encourage someone to take Dayton LeBlanc while his stock is low. He’s gonna be a brute on this line for quite some time.

Gonna have to wait for @UNT86 to abandon him first.

• Upvote 1

Since my Adopted son graduated, Turner "Smiles" Smiley, I must move one. I did my research and I was amazed that no one adopted this fine gentleman yet...... With that being said, I would like to announce the new addition to the family

Standing in at 5-10 and 196 pounds from My hometown of Denton TX

MR TYREKE DAVIS!!!!!

Tyreke Davis

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

i know mr fine is here but i had mason last year but since his father is here I will change to someone else if I need too.  As i recall from last year I took him on page three and someone made a comment how sad it was he was taken on page three, how is the crow tasting these days.  I knew Mason was going to be great one because I had a friend just like him when I was younger.  The way Mason presents himself and the confidence he has and the confidence he gives to those around him.  Mason is one of those special people who can make the people around belive they can crash through walls.   Look he has us believing at UNT again.   He will go far in life, no doubt about it. 

• Upvote 2

I have taken Julius Combes the past two years wishing/hoping/wanting him to break out and contribute.  Hasn't happened yet, so I am going to let him be this year in the hopes that the pressure I was applying was keeping him down.

This year I am picking Mr. Jyaire Shorter.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

25 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I have taken Julius Combes the past two years wishing/hoping/wanting him to break out and contribute.  Hasn't happened yet, so I am going to let him be this year in the hopes that the pressure I was applying was keeping him down.

This year I am picking Mr. Jyaire Shorter.

Sometimes it's hard to admit when you're pushing your kids too hard.    You're a brave man for stepping back Lifer!

• Haha 2
  • Ray 1