Signs for the smuT game

hickoryhouse

3 hours ago, EazyE13 said:

Oh you got me. A game between two small DFW area schools is bigger than the game between the the two biggest schools in the state. But hey you’re right about one thing. This rivalry does actually exist still and hasn’t been put on hold

So NT is now small, despite having around 38000 students.  

Yes, the SMU-NT is a bigger game to a lot of us, because we could not care less about who wins out of the two biggest schools in the state. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

With all due respect, you, as a current student, are part of the problem.  "Small" DFW area schools.  UNT is the 4th largest university in Texas with almost 40,000 students.  We are not small.

Since I have zero connection to UT, A&M, OU, or any of the teams mentioned in the rivalries you noted above, then those games mean nothing to me, so you are correct in that this isn't the Lone Star Showdown (so great they don't even play it anymore), Red River Rivalry or Iron Bowl, it is greater than those to me.  

I hope you come around and aren't the type that will get your degree at North Texas then walk away never giving back or being involved.

I love UNT. Im from the DFW area. I hope UNT can continue to do great in football even after Littrell leaves in a couple years like all coaches do at small schools. I love the school alot. Im not gonna be one of those people you claim i am. I just accept facts. And also I’m part of the problem? How is that? Because I accept there are other better schools out there? Doesn’t mean I dislike UNT because of that

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 6

6 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

So NT is now small, despite having around 38000 students.  

Yes, the SMU-NT is a bigger game to a lot of us, because we could not care less about who wins out of the two biggest schools in the state. 

Im done with you people. UNT is pretty darn small compared to A&M and UT and I meant small as in small in sports. AKA how relevant they are to the college sports world. And also Its a great game. Its not the greatest game ever played like yall think it is. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 8

11 minutes ago, EazyE13 said:

Im done with you people. UNT is pretty darn small compared to A&M and UT and I meant small as in small in sports. AKA how relevant they are to the college sports world. And also Its a great game. Its not the greatest game ever played like yall think it is. 

Relevant is a personal impression, again A&M and UT playing each other is not important to me.   On a national scale of course you are right.  Eighty percent of teams are mostly irrelevant on that level.   

Please reference were anyone say this is the greatest game ever played.  It is the most important game to most NT fans this week.    Hopefully, there will be bigger games for NT later in the year.  

Posting on this board, you are communicating with some of the most ardent of NT fans.   Many of us can go to just about any college or pro game that we want, at least on a limited basis.  I just don't have that kind of interest in non-NT games.

You are posting on this board, a student at NT, and a fan of NT sports; who actually goes to NT games.   NT needs a lot more fans just like you.  

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, EazyE13 said:

1. Lol uh huh its a cardinal sin. Whatever you wanna believe

2. There’s nothing wrong with SMU

lol I go to UNT and i know it doesn’t stack up. Its a great game but jesus relax. Its not the Lone Star Showdown, Red River Rivalry or Iron Bowl

What’s a lone star showdown? Is that the last part of price is right?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, EazyE13 said:

Good grief. We need as many fans as we can get. Not sure why everyone is attacking this young fan just for saying obvious things.

• Ray 1
  • Downvote 2

12 hours ago, EazyE13 said:

I love UNT. Im from the DFW area. I hope UNT can continue to do great in football even after Littrell leaves in a couple years like all coaches do at small schools. I love the school alot. Im not gonna be one of those people you claim i am. I just accept facts. And also I’m part of the problem? How is that? Because I accept there are other better schools out there? Doesn’t mean I dislike UNT because of that

#olddenton

• Thanks 3

On 8/29/2018 at 10:36 PM, EazyE13 said:

Not understanding your strategy. Most know that the money and/or TV contracts sit in the lap of UT and ATM. Littrell may very well get a 5 million dollar a year offer from another school. But outside of pointing out the obvious, what is your angle? 

We are who we are and we're slowly climbing the ladder of relevance. Let's just keep it at that. 

1 hour ago, malonish said:

I may be the coolest SMU cat around here, but I don't know the inside jokes. So... idk?

@malonish

AL.Com: A day after Arizona State debacle, June Jones is back with SMU and doesn't plan on leaving

ones said he wasn't involved with the negotiatons, but seemed non-plussed by the outcome. Asked if he planned to stay at SMU, he didn't hesitate: "Yes," he said.

"I have an inner-city ministry that I started and really feel I have more work to do, and that's why I'm going to be in Dallas probably for the rest of my career."

• 3 years later...
On 8/29/2018 at 10:36 PM, EazyE13 said:

This was your old login MeanGreen4Life1998

and it was awhile ago so hopefully you will stay onboard and bear with it like most of us have. We have a small number (comparatively) of alumni who give a shit about this program so it's good to have you contribute here.

• Upvote 3