WEHT: Tee Goree

Harry

CARTHAGE — Terian Goree had things going his way during his sophomore season at the University of North Texas. Goree was one of the top offensive targets, leading all Mean Green receivers with 36 receptions for 328 yards and two touchdowns.

The 2014 Carthage graduate was excelling at the highest level when it all came to a sudden halt. UNT announced prior to its Nov. 19 game with Southern Mississippi that Goree was suspended from the program.

Goree eventually left the program and transferred to Stephen F. Austin. It's there where Goree gets a clean slate along with a new lease on life and he couldn't be happier.

"I enjoyed my time in Denton. It was like my second home. I made a lot of good friends and loved the environment. But I got in some trouble and left the program," Goree said. "Life is about learning from your mistakes. You grow each day and you become a better man. SFA was the right place for me. My grandparents are my backbone and they're just 45 minutes down the road."

read more:  https://www.news-journal.com/etvarsity/sports/hsfootball/carthage-s-goree-kilgore-s-foy-now-teammates-for-sfa/article_85970619-1eac-5d4c-9eac-f9ffd3afeee7.html