Missing From The Roster

UNTLifer

I would say 4th or 5th at his position. I liked his size, but he seemingly struggled to put on weight to really fill out his frame and I think that hindered his playing time. We are also a timing offense with marked spots to throw to. He was more so a jump ball/fade route kind of guy. So IMO his skill set fits a pro style type offense rather than a timing offense like ours. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I would say 4th or 5th at his position. I liked his size, but he seemingly struggled to put on weight to really fill out his frame and I think that hindered his playing time. We are also a timing offense with marked spots to throw to. He was more so a jump ball/fade route kind of guy. So IMO his skill set fits a pro style type offense rather than a timing offense like ours. 

Mr. Rutherford is another example of players that, for whatever reason, never kept developing after leaving High School. IMHO he showed occasional flashes, but he never developed "consistency" as a receiver. Either as a timing receiver or as a fade route receiver.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Mr. Rutherford is another example of players that, for whatever reason, never kept developing after leaving High School. IMHO he showed occasional flashes, but he never developed "consistency" as a receiver. Either as a timing receiver or as a fade route receiver.

Very true, Silver.

Even with the taller receivers Littrell has brought in, they all have a lot more quickness than Rutherford did. Looking at someone like Greg White, he was raw, but way more athletic in a quick twitch way than Rutherford. He always seemed a step slow in his routes

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Very true, Silver.

Even with the taller receivers Littrell has brought in, they all have a lot more quickness than Rutherford did. Looking at someone like Greg White, he was raw, but way more athletic in a quick twitch way than Rutherford. He always seemed a step slow in his routes

Being 6'5" with minimal meat doesn't bode well for breaking in and out of routes. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

All of that plus the fact that Rutherford did graduate.  Somewhere there's a video of Coach Filani congratulating him.

Goal accomplished.  Getting an education should be the most important objective of any college athlete with the exception of a very few who can play at the next level.    

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Ray 1