Not looking ahead but...

TheNewEra

Cannot wait until SMU but I am extremely excited because I just purchased 15 tickets on the same row for the Arkansas game. Purchased through SeatGeek sadly because it was so much cheaper than our ticket office. I believe we're sitting right in the middle of Hog fans but will be even sweeter when we upset. Never been to a game in Fayetteville and hopefully we are 2-0 so I can chill out and watch football with a little less stress.

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, TheNewEra said:

Cannot wait until SMU but I am extremely excited because I just purchased 15 tickets on the same row for the Arkansas game. Purchased through SeatGeek sadly because it was so much cheaper than our ticket office. I believe we're sitting right in the middle of Hog fans but will be even sweeter when we upset. Never been to a game in Fayetteville and hopefully we are 2-0 so I can chill out and watch football with a little less stress.

So I shouldn't have paid $60 a ticket for two through the UNT Ticket Office?  I asked for two lower bowl visitor section and I was told "we have no idea where we'll get tickets but I'll get you good ones!" 😒

Still have no idea where they're at to this day. They did take my $120 though.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, LongJim said:

No joke.  Watch yourself in FayetteNam.

True. You may want to park your car some distance from the stadium and call Uber. The guy that picked me up had a special vehicle that insured my safety and cut through the traffic.

200w.gif

• Haha 1

On 8/22/2018 at 2:59 PM, TheColonyEagle said:

I'm sure it depends on the people. We sat around several Arkansas fans at War Memorial in Little Rock the last time we played there and the people around us were super nice....

I believe Andy Blount put us up 7-0 in that game.....

Normally it’s the opposite. The Little Rock fans are known for being more drunk and hostile while the Fayetteville fans are usually more laid back.

• Thanks 1

That would be something special to be 2-0 heading into Hog country.  Our series is extremely lopsided in Arkansas' favor - it's about as good a time as ever to put a W notch on our side of the stick.  And let's keep Mason Fine healthy, used to call these games Body Bag Games for a reason. 

Go Mean Green

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ChiefTenBeers2015 said:

That would be something special to be 2-0 heading into Hog country.  Our series is extremely lopsided in Arkansas' favor - it's about as good a time as ever to put a W notch on our side of the stick.  And let's keep Mason Fine healthy, used to call these games Body Bag Games for a reason. 

Go Mean Green

I think we may have a fighting chance.  Have to beat SMUt.  Have to beat SMUt.  Have to beat SMUt.

13 hours ago, ChiefTenBeers2015 said:

Go Mean Green

What reason would that be?  There are no stats to prove that games played away against the name teams are any rougher than any others.   

Just don't like that term to denote games.  There is no doubt that SEC teams have bigger, faster and overall better athletes.   Seldom however are they going to be highly motivated to play what they perceive is an inferior team.

Injuries happen in all football games.  I have seen a lot of these type games and I have never been aware of any more injuries than the average game.  Exception is the old series with Miss State were they intentionally tried to take out NT players.  

48 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Injuries happen in all football games.  I have seen a lot of these type games and I have never been aware of any more injuries than the average game.  Exception is the old series with Miss State were they intentionally tried to take out NT players.  

Heaven help us if we injure any of their players though, though I doubt Chad Morris will stoop as low as that scumbag McElwain when Wheeler injured their qb del Rio on a perfectly legitimate tackle.  I can't believe he's still coaching after he ran that program into the ground.

Edit: refreshed my memory on it.  Wheeler did end up tackling him at his knee, but he pushed low by the pass protection as he was trying to sack del Rio.

Edited by peanuts104
  • Upvote 1