The Hated North Texas Mean Green

UNTMG

5 hours ago, buff64 said:

Heard Norm interviewing Sonny Dykes the other day, Norm listed several games SMU has this year and how tough they would be ( did not include UNT ) . Coach interupted him and told him you realize that UNT may have the best QB in the state . Norm did not reply to that statement.

Sonny is intelligent, and his personal relationship with Littrell won't allow SMU to overlook us. They will be up for this game. 

• Upvote 1

Hi.

I don't know why the Ticket thinks we care about some religious commuter school that isn't even a research university. Ugh, Ticket San Antonio is probably also running ads for Incarnate Word's game in Denton. I mean, the difference between SMU and Incarnate Word is that at least Incarnate Word has a Central Market next door. SMU has a 7-11.

They don't run ads for our basketball games versus UTA, and that's an actual... university.

I'm also a St. Mary's alum, so I'm quite happy that we play two "rival" teams for preseason before starting the season proper. At least Incarnate Word is the best college team in SA.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, Legend500 said:

Hi.

I don't know why the Ticket thinks we care about some religious commuter school that isn't even a research university. Ugh, Ticket San Antonio is probably also running ads for Incarnate Word's game in Denton. I mean, the difference between SMU and Incarnate Word is that at least Incarnate Word has a Central Market next door. SMU has a 7-11.

They don't run ads for our basketball games versus UTA, and that's an actual... university.

I'm also a St. Mary's alum, so I'm quite happy that we play two "rival" teams for preseason before starting the season proper. At least Incarnate Word is the best college team in SA.

It's not across a street door but SMU has a Central Market right across 75. Just take Daddy's Porsche and it's 2 minutes away.

There's also two really good Thai places over there in that area.

Edited by malonish
More food
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Central Market is located at the corner of Greenville Ave and Lovers Lane.

If you like Thai food, I would recommend the Thai Thai  Restaurant in Lower Greenville,

corner of Greenville and Ross next to the CVS.

I wear my Mean Green gear all the time here in the lower Greenville area.

I like to piss off the $mu alums in the area.

But you know what? I see alums from just about every major college here in the lower Greenville area. I receive many "Hey Mean Green" from people here on Greenville. Cool to be recognized!

I see school battle flags hung up on their homes

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, malonish said:

It's not across a street door but SMU has a Central Market right across 75. Just take Daddy's Porsche and it's 2 minutes away.

Could you provide me the names of the Thai places? I live in East Texas--although we have many fine barbecue joints, Thai restaurants are scarce to find. I always like to find decent Thai food on my jaunts to Big D. Thank you in advance. 

• Upvote 1

Bangkok cafe  is awesome at Greenville and smu blvd.  And I type this from Bangkok Thailand which is kind of funny. 

You want a recommendation I’ll give you a recommendation.  The pineapple rice is delicious! 

GMG

Edited by NM Green
  • Lovely Take 1

16 hours ago, malonish said:

Very true.  There are actually a lot of good places on or around the stretch of Greenville from Lovers to Mockingbird.

17 hours ago, malonish said:

That pluckers off of greenville is the hardest table to get in Dallas.

• Thanks 1

On 8/21/2018 at 4:18 PM, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Why would SMU be advertising a game at Apogee?

The Ticket is the broadcast provider for SMU games.  The Ticket is advertising a broadcast featuring 2 local teams for an asset that they want to promote on their station.  I'm an SMU alum and it annoyed me when they said that.  The Ticket is probably the one that wrote the copy on the ad anyway.