DRC: It's time for the annual "Get Your Rear on the Record" contest

Brett Vito

Put me down for 10-3.  Losses to LaTech UAB and UtSA. Bowl win against a depleted Iowa team.

I honestly am shocked that I have us with more than 8 wins because in my head we will come back down to earth abit this year. But as I run through the games here is how i see it playing out.

We will be 4-0 entering conference play while coming off of a defining win over Arkansas and a closer than expected game against Liberty (we will pull away in the 2nd half) we come out flat against LaTech and lose a close one (we will come back after a flat 1st half and make it a game but come up short).  We will bounce back and thump Utep and win a close one against SoMiss to become bowl eligible. We will be flat again and lose to UAB.  Rice and ODU will be solid wins.  We will  beat FAU as the card house collapses around their new QB.  The hard to swallow loss will be UTSA to end the regular season thus eliminating us from the CUSA championship game by the tie breaker. (LaTech will lose to Marshall big)

We will end up plaing Iowa (Northwestern if Iowa falls apart) in the Servpro First Responder Bowl on December 26th in the Cotton Bowl winning the game on the last drive with no time on the clock (the Drive 2.0).

Caveat:  If Fine goes down we will be 6-6 playing in the Bahamas against Miami (no not the U but the one from Ohio) in front of 8,000 fans mostly from the Bahamas.

• Downvote 1

9-4  

Losses to FAU, ARK and 2 of the 3 (SMU, LT, UAB).   No (west) conference championship as we lose on tie breakers.

We win a bowl game to conclude a good season.

My concerns are RB, overall defense and special teams.  There was just such a big drop off last year when Jeffrey went out.   The addition of Torrey should help IMO. 

Edited by akriesman

We're going to beat FAU at home during the season.   
I think the inconvenient weekday travel for FAU is going to stress them/affect their weekly prep routine enough for the Apogee advantage to win the day.

We may not win the championship if there's a rematch though. 

For those of you thinking we're going to drop a random conference game, if we do, it will be on October 20th.

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

With losses to what teams?

So here's my fear: the team is thinking too highly of themselves. Also, I want to protect myself against any potential letdown. (Still havent recovered from my 06-10 student years)

Losses:

Arky

SMU

UAB

FAU

UTSA- upset

LA Tech 

17 minutes ago, meanJewGreen said:

So here's my fear: the team is thinking too highly of themselves. Also, I want to protect myself against any potential letdown. (Still havent recovered from my 06-10 student years)

Losses:

Arky

SMU

UAB

FAU

UTSA- upset

LA Tech 

Curious what your opinion of Littrell would be if the team went backwards that much with basically the entire starting O and D and coaching staff coming back....

I know what mine would be and it wouldn't be good.

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 1

Well, I did my best to independently and objectively evaluate the schedule, then find I pretty much agree with other posters re: my projection. My biggest fear is that we come out flat on September 1 and screw the pooch. It is just one game but I see it as the key to the season, IMHO.

I emailed BV the following: 9 - 3 on the Reg Season, 1 - 1 split Conf Champ & Bowl, so 10 - 4 final guesstimate.

For those who think I am too pessimistic, you may be correct. I checked old emails to BV and discovered that I have been consistently low by one or two wins in previous years. I would love to be wrong!

20 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

What does everyone see in UAB?  I must be missing something. 

NutsaCK will suck this year. No way they beat us. The will be bottom feeding with Rice and UTEP.  

Well,
They're the team that finished 2nd in the West last year (late heroics from Evan Johnson & Trevor Moore away from finishing first), and they return their ENTIRE OFFENSE (I'm talking like RB/WR depth too), sans a OL, and a vast majority of their top 50 defense (replacing 2 LBs & 1 CB).

What more do you need?

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Well,
They're the team that finished 2nd in the West last year (late heroics from Evan Johnson & Trevor Moore away from finishing first), and they return their ENTIRE OFFENSE (I'm talking like RB/WR depth too), sans a OL, and a vast majority of their top 50 defense (replacing 2 LBs & 1 CB).

What more do you need?

Well, we return our ENTIRE OFFENSE minus Smiley, Wilson and Henson.  I also expect us to be vastly improved on defense with Young moving outside and English entering the mix.  I just don't see them being that explosive, Erdely doesn't impress, etc...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

What does everyone see in UAB?  I must be missing something. 

NutsaCK will suck this year. No way they beat us. The will be bottom feeding with Rice and UTEP.  

It's a rivalry game. We sucked in 2015 and went 1-11 and pulled off the W at home against them. We play there this year. A lot of crazy S happens in a rivalry game. Believe me, I want to win 77-0 but for some reason i think this is a trap game

• Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

It's a rivalry game. We sucked in 2015 and went 1-11 and pulled off the W at home against them. We play there this year. A lot of crazy S happens in a rivalry game. Believe me, I want to win 77-0 but for some reason i think this is a trap game

Very valid concerns. nUTSAck always plays us close, and the two games we've won, it's been by a hair

29 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Well, we return our ENTIRE OFFENSE minus Smiley, Wilson and Henson.  I also expect us to be vastly improved on defense with Young moving outside and English entering the mix.  I just don't see them being that explosive, Erdely doesn't impress, etc...

We don't return Wilson, ergo we're missing the 2nd-biggest piece of last year's offense.  Wilson's (a sure-fire NT HOF'er) contributions cannot be diminished.

You didn't ask how they stack against us.  You asked, "What does everyone see in UAB?".   I assumed you did not know any of that information, so I was enlightening you what others may see in them.

I agree with all of your hopes/expectations... but NT won't be the only team in C-USA that improves.

And Erdely doesn't scare you?  Were you at the game last year?  He threw for 321yds & 4 TDs!  That was his first year to start as well, I assume he'll only get better.   He's not scary like Mason Fine who's the Conference Offensive POY & on all kinds of watch lists, but he's obviously effective enough.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

And Erdely doesn't scare you?  Were you at the game last year?  He threw for 321yds & 4 TDs!  That was his first year to start as well, I assume he'll only get better.   He's not scary like Mason Fine who's the Conference Offensive POY & on all kinds of watch lists, but he's obviously effective enough.

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

A.J. Erdely

The Mustache alone should scare you! 

Image result for hide yo kids hide yo wife gif

• Haha 1