Coach Accuses Saban of Cheating

UNTLifer

I was scanning an article on some anonymous coach claiming Saban wasn't that good of a coach and was only winning because he is cheating.  No big surprise, but I noticed a comment from someone saying to google "Alabama Football Player's Cars" to see some interesting things.  This is just crazy.  How do they get away with this?

https://247sports.com/college/usc/Board/29/Contents/Alabamas-Recruiting-Dominance-Continues-Wow-50860219

6 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I was scanning an article on some anonymous coach claiming Saban wasn't that good of a coach and was only winning because he is cheating.  No big surprise, but I noticed a comment from someone saying to google "Alabama Football Player's Cars" to see some interesting things.  This is just crazy.  How do they get away with this?

https://247sports.com/college/usc/Board/29/Contents/Alabamas-Recruiting-Dominance-Continues-Wow-50860219

This has been happening for quite some time in Tuscaloosa. Kirby took notes. A top rated 5 star RB committed to UGA about a week ago and said, "Now just waiting for that bag", and put an emoji of a clock and money bag. The tweet was deleted within minutes, but the internet catches all. 

But this isn't happening just at these programs, it's happening virtually everywhere to some extent. The NCAA is spineless and is far from being a non profit as they claim. 

The NCAA passed a basketball rule about 2 weeks ago that allows All American players coming out of high school to sign and be represented by an agent. Of, course, within the rule the NCAA will have a committee that hand selects their proposed All Americans. To boot, they gave themselves the right and authority to add to the list as they please. This was all done to try to get back in front of that FBI investigation stemming from February. 

The NCAA is an absolute joke to the highest extent. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

one of those is Alec Morris in an older red truck but yeah... this shouldn't be a head-scratcher

38 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

The Alec Morris one was a beat up old pick up so that was a dumb reference. 

He's saying goodbye to that truck.  The implication is that he's getting a new car.  Who knows what is the real story behind that post is?  

If you sign with Alabama, the probability is that you are not only going to the NFL, you are going after your junior season. They had a guy drafted who had never started a game. You are probably playing in the national title game.

Maybe Bama cheats. Just as likely, maybe even more likely, people around those kids are getting their hand stuck out now to get their piece of the action when they cash in. I'll put you in this car today, you pay me (some ridiculous figure) in three years when you get that NFL check.

People used to do that with boxers back when boxing was a big deal. Rumor mill in Arkansas was that Malik Monk "owed" over $500,000 of his first year $2.9 million NBA contract to other people for services rendered and they weren't UK fans, just people willing to "loan" him money for cars, clothes, jewelry, etc., until he got drafted.

You should see my IG feed when I travel overseas and get in front of sports cars. I act like every expensive car is mine.

Here's SWB getting into his Bentley.
Here's SWB getting into his G Wagon. 
etc. etc. 

Social media is great of projecting an image of yourself, eh? 

SWAG

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cerebus said:

He's saying goodbye to that truck.  The implication is that he's getting a new car.  Who knows what is the real story behind that post is?  

AH, it helps to read........Doesn't he come from a well off family anyways so him getting a nice car wouldn't be too far fetched?

4 hours ago, Arkstfan said:

If you sign with Alabama, the probability is that you are not only going to the NFL, you are going after your junior season. They had a guy drafted who had never started a game. You are probably playing in the national title game.

Maybe Bama cheats. Just as likely, maybe even more likely, people around those kids are getting their hand stuck out now to get their piece of the action when they cash in. I'll put you in this car today, you pay me (some ridiculous figure) in three years when you get that NFL check.

People used to do that with boxers back when boxing was a big deal. Rumor mill in Arkansas was that Malik Monk "owed" over $500,000 of his first year $2.9 million NBA contract to other people for services rendered and they weren't UK fans, just people willing to "loan" him money for cars, clothes, jewelry, etc., until he got drafted.

I mean, you don't really think that, do you? 

Many, many programs cheat. Everyone knows that. Somehow except for the NCAA, or so they act. 

2 hours ago, Rudy said:

Alabama signed a RB from Hawaii whose family miraculously moved their whole life to Alabama.  New house and all. 

How in the hell is going from Hawaii to the shit hole arm pit of swamp covered mosquito infected world that is Alabama a plus?

That would be like going to jail, why would anyone want that ever?

21 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

How in the hell is going from Hawaii to the shit hole arm pit of swamp covered mosquito infected world that is Alabama a plus?

The point Rudy was making was that Bama accommodated the family from Hawaii to Alabama and housed them, fed them, and probably employed them. Pretty standard protocol in a scenario like this. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

The point Rudy was making was that Bama accommodated the family from Hawaii to Alabama and housed them, fed them, and probably employed them. Pretty standard protocol in a scenario like this. 

Thanks bud I got the point, I just find it doubtful that people would leave Hawaii to go to Alabama. 

26 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

My brother lives in Maui and I couldn’t live there. Cost of living and the freaking humidity that puts Houston to shame would drive me nuts if I had to deal with that every single day. Vacation once in a blue moon is cool, but I’d rather live in the mainland 50 weeks out of the year. 

1 minute ago, Got5onIt said:

My brother lives in Maui and I couldn’t live there. Cost of living and the freaking humidity that puts Houston to shame would drive me nuts if I had to deal with that every single day. Vacation once in a blue moon is cool, but I’d rather live in the mainland 50 weeks out of the year. 

Alabama has the humidity without the ocean breeze, lots of swamps, snakes, gators and have you seen the size of the mosquitoes in Alabama. Gulf Shores is nice but I am not leaving Hawaii or almost anywhere else to move to Alabama. 

I have spent my time in Hawaii my Grand parents had a condo on  the North West side of Oahu it was nice and not that hot most year it had breeze most all the time. Anyway I am not sure how Alabama ever beats Hawaii, maybe not Texas.  

14 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

Alabama has the humidity without the ocean breeze, lots of swamps, snakes, gators and have you seen the size of the mosquitoes in Alabama. Gulf Shores is nice but I am not leaving Hawaii or almost anywhere else to move to Alabama. 

I have spent my time in Hawaii my Grand parents had a condo on  the North West side of Oahu it was nice and not that hot most year it had breeze most all the time. Anyway I am not sure how Alabama ever beats Hawaii, maybe not Texas.  

Free and better housing and more than likely better paying job given to them are 2 pretty good reasons. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

I mean, you don't really think that, do you? 

Many, many programs cheat. Everyone knows that. Somehow except for the NCAA, or so they act. 

Over the years I have developed a vast amount of cynicism regarding coaches.

You simply don't have a "normal" personality to be a major college coach. My observation is they all believe they are among the very best at what they do (and frankly they are elite) and as a result they have an abundance of ego.

If you are at School Y and a kid you want goes to School X the coach believes one or  more are true: the facilities caused them to go there, the uniforms caused them to go there, the shoes caused them to go there, having walnut lockers instead of fiberboard with laminate caused them to go there, it was the indoor practice facility, the player got "bought".

What a coach isn't going to think is the Coach at School X out-recruited him or the kid picked Alabama over Auburn because its freaking Alabama where they win national titles regularly and players routinely get drafted after their junior year.

I'm not claiming everyone is "clean" but I think most try to stay within the rules while pushing the limits. If it is a non-contact period where you can only "bump" into a kid, then the coach when he goes to visit the high school coach will mention in advance who he is interested in and the high school or juco coach will come up with some reason why the player "needs" to come to his office and golly gee the college coach "bumped into" the player.

The real dirty is in hoops but happens some in football. Someone has the kid's ear and becomes "the handler" and won't let a school get access to the kid without some sort of compensation and the kid often doesn't even get a cut of what the handler pulls in.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1