C-USA Preseason Power Rankings

AustinFromUNT

6 days until Rice kicks off the season for C-USA. Everyone thinks their team is better than “insert rival here”. Let’s see how everyone sees the current power ranking of C-USA. Here’s what I think:
1) FAU
2) UNT
3) Marshall

4) UAB
5) LA Tech
6) MTSU

7) ODU
8) UTSA
9) FIU
10) Southern Miss

11) Western Kentucky
12) Rice
13) UTEP
14) Charlotte
The first grouping is the schools who I think can win C-USA. The second grouping is the schools who I think can make it to the title game, but would likely lose to whoever comes from the other side. The third grouping is the schools who can have a good season, but won’t make it to the championship game. The fourth grouping is the schools who are just trying to make it through the season healthy. They won’t make it to a bowl game, but they can get some experience this year and grow.

Edited by AustinFromUNT
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

UNT and LaTech will determine the West. 

Marshal and FAU will determine the East. 

1. FAU

2. LaTech

3. UNT

4. Marshal 

5-14. Who cares. 

CUSA Championship - 

LaTech vs FAU 

Conference Sleeper - FIU 

Team I'm choosing not to mention because I don't respect them - UAB 

Team most likely not to live up to pre-season projections or predictions - UNT

Conference Champ- FAU 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

1) FAU

2) Marshall
3) La Tech
4) UNT
5) UAB

6) MTSU
7) USM

😎 WKU
9) FIU
10) UTSA

11) ODU

12) RICE
13) Charlotte
14) UTEP

FAU was in a class by themselves last season.   I know they lost a few key guys.  But, they are still loaded.

La Tech, NT and UAB are going to be in for a dogfight.   Any of these teams could take the west.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, AustinFromUNT said:

6 days until Rice kicks off the season for C-USA. Everyone thinks their team is better than “insert rival here”. Let’s see how everyone sees the current power ranking of C-USA. Here’s what I think:
1) FAU
2) UNT
3) Marshall

4) UAB
5) LA Tech
6) MTSU

7) ODU
8) UTSA
9) FIU
10) Southern Miss

11) Western Kentucky
12) Rice
13) UTEP
14) Charlotte
The first grouping is the schools who I think can win C-USA. The second grouping is the schools who I think can make it to the title game, but would likely lose to whoever comes from the other side. The third grouping is the schools who can have a good season, but won’t make it to the championship game. The fourth grouping is the schools who are just trying to make it through the season healthy. They won’t make it to a bowl game, but they can get some experience this year and grow.

Agree except for the following.  Southern Miss and UTSA deserve to be in the 2nd group both were very close to having a much different season last year.  

2 hours ago, akriesman said:

1) FAU

2) Marshall
3) La Tech
4) UNT
5) UAB

6) MTSU
7) USM

😎 WKU
9) FIU
10) UTSA

11) ODU

12) RICE
13) Charlotte
14) UTEP

FAU was in a class by themselves last season.   I know they lost a few key guys.  But, they are still loaded.

La Tech, NT and UAB are going to be in for a dogfight.   Any of these teams could take the west.

This.

I think that you can flip a coin to get the team that wins CUSA West out of these three teams. We get La Tech here, LT gest UAB at home, and UAB gets us in Birmingham. The simplest reason I think UAB wins is that they get Charlotte and MUTS as their eastern CUSA teams, while UNT and LT both have to play FAU, who appears again to be FAR above everyone else talent-wise in CUSA play.

10 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

UNT and LaTech will determine the West. 

Marshal and FAU will determine the East. 

1. FAU

2. LaTech

3. UNT

4. Marshal 

5-14. Who cares. 

CUSA Championship - 

LaTech vs FAU 

Conference Sleeper - FIU 

Team I'm choosing not to mention because I don't respect them - UAB 

Team most likely not to live up to pre-season projections or predictions - UNT

Conference Champ- FAU 

Realistic. 

• Ray 1

Put me down for 11-3, Chuck.  I've got a good supply of green KoolAid. 

I believe that we lose to Arkansas, FAU and Minnesota in the First Responder Bowl.  I see us beating FAU at home during the regular season but losing to them in the championship game.

Don't forget that FAU must replace both coordinators as well as their quarterback.  That could take a few games to get adjusted.  But, I believe that by the time they meet Marshall they'll have the kinks out.  They still have the best running back in the conference.

• Haha 1

On 8/20/2018 at 2:18 PM, MeanGreenTexan said:

Eh.    FAU is going to need to show me they can do that again without Lil' Briles and Lil' Kiffin coordinating the O & D, respectively.

Kiffin called the offense after game 4, went undefeated, and just hired one of his assistants who was with him at Alabama. Defensively they hired the Southern Miss coordinator who was solid (but we did torch in the passing game). Should be interesting, but FAU won’t miss a beat offensively.