LSA Burger vs Mr. Frosty

LSA vs Mr Frosty...well, really two entirely different experiences. One (LSA) is more of a sit down tad more expensive burger place. The other (Mr Frosty) is the old style drive-in burger experience. Both are excellent choices, but very different choices.

That being said, we have found the burger quality to have dipped a bit at LSA. Not nearly as juicy and flavorful as when they first opened and the slaw...originally so very good...seems not as tasty as originally served. Maybe it is just us...the view of the courthouse at night from the upper patio is still a “must experience”...especially at night...for any out of town visitor or local who has not, as yet, experienced it.

Can’t go wrong with either spot in my opinion...just totally different styles and experiences.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

LSA vs Mr Frosty...well, really two entirely different experiences. One (LSA) is more of a sit down tad more expensive burger place. The other (Mr Frosty) is the old style drive-in burger experience. Both are excellent choices, but very different choices.

That being said, we have found the burger quality to have dipped a bit at LSA. Not nearly as juicy and flavorful as when they first opened and the slaw...originally so very good...seems not as tasty as originally served. Maybe it is just us...the view of the courthouse at night from the upper patio is still a “must experience”...especially at night...for any out of town visitor or local who has not, as yet, experienced it.

Can’t go wrong with either spot in my opinion...just totally different styles and experiences.

Spot on assessment, Kram. Maybe Mr. Frosty could go and re-teach the folks at LSA how to make a burger.

Edited by Hunter Green
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Hunter Green said:

Ft. Worth Dr, south of I-35.

Thank you

On 8/17/2018 at 9:42 PM, Harry said:

LSA @KingDL1

Harry, John and I went there last summer after a scrimmage and season tailgate prep. It was great day to enjoy to  roof top, it was mid to upper 70s with a light breeze. 

I have burgers usually once a season they are fresh ground, choice grade beef 60-70%chuck and 30-40%bricket shooting for about a 75% meat to fat ratio.  I ground them and make the patties the night before. And ofcourse I always have my balls. 

A note on LSA--I was in there a couple of weeks ago and asked about the patties.  They have changed since they first opened, and that was confirmed by the server.  He did say that they have always served never-frozen beef, but that they have changed their supplier from the original they opened with.  Still my wife's favorite burger in Denton.

Mr. Frosty is definitely old-school American Graffiti drive in.  And that's pretty cool too.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, LongJim said:

A note on LSA--I was in there a couple of weeks ago and asked about the patties.  They have changed since they first opened, and that was confirmed by the server.  He did say that they have always served never-frozen beef, but that they have changed their supplier from the original they opened with.  Still my wife's favorite burger in Denton.

Mr. Frosty is definitely old-school American Graffiti drive in.  And that's pretty cool too.

Yes, and to my taste they changed to a lower quality and less flavorful patty.  Was instantly noticeable.  Too bad, but, all in all, still not a bad burger.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Damn shame that nobody has mention RG Burgers or Burger Time Machine yet.

I like LSA but think it's way overrated. It's good, but not hour long wait good. Mr. Frosty is a great throwback

I like Roosters' burgers better than all of those.

LSA: you're paying-for/waiting-on the ambience.  The garlic fries are great though!

Mr Frosty:  ...like walking back in time.  Great for nostalgia.  Yummy shakes.

RG Burgers are good.  Plenty big.

I've only been to Burger Time Machine once.  It was OK.  May have to give them another try.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I like Roosters' burgers better than all of those.

LSA: you're paying-for/waiting-on the ambience.  The garlic fries are great though!

Mr Frosty:  ...like walking back in time.  Great for nostalgia.  Yummy shakes.

RG Burgers are good.  Plenty big.

I've only been to Burger Time Machine once.  It was OK.  May have to give them another try.

Me too! Once I see the line for LSA, I just keep walking to Roosters because I like it better anyways

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Green P1 said:

We wired the original LSA before the expansion, and it’s a really great space.  The people that own and operate it (and have bought up the majority of downtown) are about as crummy as the burgers. 

How so?

It's a pretty safe bet that if I get stopped at the door by an eighteen-year-old girl with an iPad at the door, I'm just not going to bother eating there. Call me a luddite, but I find that whole "We're exclusive and you're old" mentality at the very first point of contact to be extraordinarily off putting.  

Never had that feeling at Mr. Frosty, though I've only ever had milkshakes there -- never eaten the actual food.