GH NEXT?

Wag Tag

I’m just ready for this incredible ride ahead.

Enjoying the buildup, planning of smu camp out, preparing the burning man tent setup and getting the booze list together.  

So much to enjoy this moment.

GMG

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

How times have changed. Here we are talking about holding on to coaches and not wondering how long until we can get rid of them. I have all the confidence that Wren and team, realizing what could happen, will not roll over without a fight, but will also be ready, Next coach up...

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1

How is his recruiting?

I’m asking because I honestly don’t know 

but if Littrell leaves.....With what we have going on now in this program.....I hope we have a pretty impressive list of potential candidates. A list that Harrell wouldn’t qualify for  (and that’s not a knock on him)

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Charlie NT 73 said:

That is a good idea to set up a Seth is Leaving thread.

I am sick of North Texas fans already giving up and believing that Seth will leave at

the end of the season.

Just maybe Seth likes coaching the Mean Green, and maybe his family likes living in Denton.

This place can be a monster, as per Seth!

I actually agree with you 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

If Seth leaves next year is Graham our next head coach?  I believe that GH gets poached next year if Seth does not leave.GMG

Didn’t we JUST give Littrell a new contract to retain him with comments from Wren talking about his loyalty?? Graham may get poached by another program as either an OC or HC but I truly believe that Seth likes being in Denton and will continue building the program until OU or Ok State open up.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

4 hours ago, Charlie NT 73 said:

I am sick of North Texas fans already giving up and believing that Seth will leave at

the end of the season.

Just maybe Seth likes coaching the Mean Green, and maybe his family likes living in Denton.

Amen!  We can't even get to the season without loading up our front page with speculation.  We are sitting on our best recruiting class in forever, and now these kids log on to read this crap.  Maybe, as noted above, these coaches like it in Denton and our program is truly on the upswing.  Just maybe we have our "Patterson" in Littrell.  Let's enjoy this season and see how this all plays out instead of sitting around wringing our hands.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 1

If UNT can become like Boise State, I see no reason why he leaves. Short of being like Boise State though, I hope he stays a few more years and gets an offer elsewhere so ludicrous he can't refuse. The flip side of that is, if UNT gets to the point where they are paying him low to mid P5 money, what does it take for him to leave considering how close he is here to family? I've always been one who believed it's ok to take less money if it means being happier in your personal life. If he builds this thing up the right way and we become like a well oiled machine, he could have the stability most coaches never find and be close to family.

This season will be very telling of SL because he only stayed at Arizona, Indiana, and UNC for 2 years each. If he's here for yesr 3, I think chances are pretty good he'll stay unless he gets a big time offer. Otherwise, I can see him leaving for almost any P5 offer.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Charlie NT 73 said:

the end of the season.

Absolutely. For the record, our top athletic administrators and coaches reside in Argyle. Nice spot for those families!

• Ray 1

11 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Amen!  We can't even get to the season without loading up our front page with speculation.  We are sitting on our best recruiting class in forever, and now these kids log on to read this crap.  Maybe, as noted above, these coaches like it in Denton and our program is truly on the upswing.  Just maybe we have our "Patterson" in Littrell.  Let's enjoy this season and see how this all plays out instead of sitting around wringing our hands.

The media makes the stories and folks post what they say to actually talk about it on a message board. 

And these reporters know that SL has gained lots of momentum in coaching circles with his performance here so far, taking over the worst program in America when he got here. Then they see he applied for the Tennessee job when it was open and they easily can see where SL will go if offered up the food chain.

Just let Wren handle this unlike when Rawlins overrode RV to hire McCarney. Batille told RV to not pay over $250K so what could he do except get HS coaches? I hope that now that the A.D. is a V.P. as well Wren has the ultimate say in all things athletic. If we are going to worry about losing someone it should be Wren !!!

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2

Reposting myself from another thread 

don’t get the call for Harrell to take over. He has two years experience as an OC and only 4-5 years coaching experience period. I think we can bring someone in with more experience.

How about we bring in Brown from Troy?