A Picture of the Endzone

AustinFromUNT

1.  I wonder if they have the pellets in yet?  That would darken it a bit.

2. I think it will look better in person but still not great.

3. My first thought was I would not like the entire field that shade of green.  After a few minutes thinking about it, I think it might actually look better if it was.  The field would certainly look "cleaner" with a brighter green color.  However, I think our uniforms will look much better against he darker green. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

Looks fantastic!  Love the attention to detail and the "little" things this AD does to position this program for more exposure and greatness.  Well done!

EDIT:  BTW, is the surface any cooler as advertised?  Has anyone taken any temperature readings?

Edited by keith
  • Upvote 3
  • Ray 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, meangreenJW said:

Was at Apogee today to pay for tickets and saw the endzones. The pics we've seen didn't have infill because they were just starting to put it in so that will dull it sum as will wear and tear over time. The rest of the field has already lost some of it's "crispness."

This.   Notice how much more dull the white is in the SOW than the end zone lettering.  The rubber pellets will dull it all down some. 

Side note:  With the rubber pellets in place on the rest of the field, look at how hard it is to make out the shape of Texas.  I hope it isn’t like a bad tattoo where you can’t tell if it’s supposed to be something vs. a weird birthmark. 

• Ray 3

5 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

This.   Notice how much more dull the white is in the SOW than the end zone lettering.  The rubber pellets will dull it all down some. 

Side note:  With the rubber pellets in place on the rest of the field, look at how hard it is to make out the shape of Texas.  I hope it isn’t like a bad tattoo where you can’t tell if it’s supposed to be something vs. a weird birthmark. 

I don't know why but this kind of reminds me of the old vibrating football set my Mom bought me for Christmas after the Cowboys won Superbowl 12. Had the Cowboys and Denver Broncos. Haha. Damn I must be getting old. I bet kids of today have no clue what that is. Haha.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Venson said:

I don't know why but this kind of reminds me of the old vibrating football set my Mom bought me for Christmas after the Cowboys won Superbowl 12. Had the Cowboys and Denver Broncos. Haha. Damn I must be getting old. I bet kids of today have no clue what that is. Haha.

I always wanted one of those things and never got one.  To this day, how kicking and passing worked on those things is a total mystery to me.  My six-year-old 1970s imagination on how it worked soared wild though. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

I really long for the days of real grass playing surfaces in football.

...and the sprinklers coming on during a game.

Honest - it happened at Fouts in the mid 1980s.

Edited by Stix
  • Upvote 2
  • Ray 1

does nothing for me. Would rather the end zones be the same green as the field. Probably should have reversed the colors, the green on green just looks miss matched like that. White with green lettering  would likely be better the pellets would take a little off the white but be the same as the lines.  

At the same time if it was not a topic I would never bitch about it. 

16 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

I always wanted one of those things and never got one.  To this day, how kicking and passing worked on those things is a total mystery to me.  My six-year-old 1970s imagination on how it worked soared wild though. 

I could get the kicker to work, but sucked at hitting any FGs. Had to tie rubber bands around the leg to make the kickers leg snap. Now passing was a whole other mystery. So, we would just stop the game and throw the ball ourselves. If you hit your receiver it was a completed pass. Haha.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Greenrex said:

I had one of those too and it was never satisfying for me. Fortunately, my sister liked it and would play with it for hours. In her room. With the lights off. I could occasionally hear her announce a touchdown.

Our cat loved it. She was always chasing those moving players. She messed up a ton of games. Haha.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Greenrex said:

I had one of those too and it was never satisfying for me. Fortunately, my sister liked it and would play with it for hours. In her room. With the lights off. I could occasionally hear her announce a touchdown.

Did she prefer the long, time eating, game managing drives similar to UNT in the early 00's, or is she more of a quick strike gal similar to what we are seeing now?

• Haha 1