A Picture of the Endzone

AustinFromUNT

Yeah, I saw this the other day when I went to go get season tix. They hadn't quite completely unrolled the the turf yet, but you could see the color. It's, uh, unique. Maybe when it's all unrolled and matted down it will look better, but the difference in the field color and endzone is quite different. Like, purposefully way different. 

Which reminds me, kudos to the fella helping us in the ticket office, Kyle. My grandfather-in-law wanted to get in on season tickets and had never been to Apogee before. Kyle walked us around Apogee to see the views from certain seats for about 30 minutes so my pops in law could check it out. He was personable and had answers for us for anything we asked.  

• Upvote 3

Compare that look to MGNation92's signature video endzone look. I think I can learn to love it. It did occur to me that close goal-line plays should be easier to call (i.e., did the nose of the ball cross the plane, etc.) and easier to spot on replays. JMO.

37 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

Compare that look to MGNation92's signature video endzone look. I think I can learn to love it. It did occur to me that close goal-line plays should be easier to call (i.e., did the nose of the ball cross the plane, etc.) and easier to spot on replays. JMO.

All the ball has to do is touch the white line. Color of the endzone shouldn't matter much. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

If we win on it, I'm sure I'll grow to love it.  Winning is what matters.  Take the grey uniforms.  They looked awesome until dirty schmoo beat our @sses in them.  I can't stand Boise's blue turf, but I bet those folks up there love it with all the winning that they do on it.

Edited by TIgreen01
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TIgreen01 said:

If we win on it, I'm sure I'll grow to love it.  Winning is what matters.  Take the grey uniforms.  They looked awesome until dirty schmoo beat our @sses in them.  I can't stand Boise's blue turf, but I bet those folks up there love it with all the winning that they do on it.

I know its Killing it in the bird community there

I think it looks like we tried to match the old carpet with the new carpet.  Maybe they're going to checkerboard it like Tennessee's end zone.  If we spend a lot of time there, and I don't mean with safeties, I'll learn to like it.  Right this minute, not so much.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2