The Von Erichs are returning to Texas - SMU Game

NorthTexan95

The Von Erichs are returning to Texas

In the first ever professional wrestling event to be held in conjunction with a major college football game, Kevin Von Erich's sons Ross and Marshall and his niece Lacey - grandchildren of legendary pro wrestler and North Texas icon Fritz Von Erich - will headline a World Class Revolution wrestling card following the North Texas football game against SMU at Apogee Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 1. Kevin and his wife Pam are scheduled to return to Texas for the event.

"What a day coming Sept. 1 in Texas!" Kevin said. "My alma mater playing my dad's alma mater on opening weekend. My two sons will be featured at the first wrestling event held at a college football game. It will be great to see my old UNT friends and teammates and wrestling friends like "Hacksaw" Jim Dugan and Bill Mercer. I can't wait to return to my home state. God Bless Texas!"

The bouts are being sponsored by World Class Revolution, one of the premier professional wrestling companies in the United States, and will take place in a wrestling ring set up on the field at Apogee Stadium immediately following the Mean Green season opener. There will also be interactive events and photo opportunities with some of the wrestlers in and around Apogee prior to and during the game.

Purchase tickets by calling the North Texas Tickets at 940-565-2527.  

Full story at www.MeanGreenSports.com 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Ray 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Is this event included in the game ticket price?   I’m assuming so.  With a 6:30 kick, that’ll make for a late night (at least for us 50+ years old folks that have to drive an hour home afterwards).

From the DRC article: 

There will be no additional charge to stay for the wrestling event after the game. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Texas Stranger said:

Still need King Kong Bundy, One Man Gang, and the Freebirds.

Think back, back, back into time. You are a kid in Indiana watching WGN-TV, Channel 9, Chicago on a new black and white TV. Your grandparents like watching wrestling and their favorite wrestler was Gorgeous George. Times have changed! 🙂

AND THEN...there was THIS guy. Less show and more real wrestler.

Edited by EagleMBA

4 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Is this event included in the game ticket price?   I’m assuming so.  With a 6:30 kick, that’ll make for a late night (at least for us 50+ years old folks that have to drive an hour home afterwards).

297.png

45 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

If you got the Iron Claw....you were done!

50,000 saw that match at Cowboy Stadium.  

And boy....I sure miss that beautiful voice.

Rick

When I was a kid and even up to teenage years, it didn't matter what I had planned on a Saturday night, I made sure I was home by 10:30 to watch WCCW on KTVT Channel 11.