North Texas has Arkansas Worried

Salsa_Verde

2 hours ago, Hogfan14 said:

I don't really see A&M being a blowout, 3 of the last 4 games have gone into OT and that was with Bielema lol. Ole Miss and Vanderbilt at home are chances for a win. But anything over 6 wins may be a stretch.

If im being completely honest I don’t either lol. I think A&M will win and actually surprise people this year but it’ll be a close game. But thats what my family thinks A&M will do to Arkansas is blow em out. All but my dad and me are aggies. Im currently at UNT and he went here. I think Arkansas could easily win 6 though if they play well and can adjust to Chad Morris(who is an Aggie) well enough. Morris isn’t that great of a coach though 

Edited by EazyE13
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Sneaky bastards!  Shame on them for playing your old man like that.

Haha!  I originally typed "was recruited" but changed it because he played there and didn't double check everything.  He played there as a freshman but the war called him away.

• Upvote 1

Arkansas' biggest issue will be converting from Bilema's "three yards and a cloud of dust" power running game to Coach Chad's more balanced attack.  They don't have the pieces yet, but he will do alright with his ties to Texas.  It killed Arkansas' recruiting when they left the SWC and no longer had a presence in Texas.

53 minutes ago, Harry said:

Well one thing for sure is, Chad will have a damn nice house to welcome recruits to!

https://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2018/07/26/chad-morris-buys-38-million-fayetteville-spread

Obscene! Absolutely obscene! Either he is planning to do lots of procreating or he is going to live in the guest house and have his first-string players move into the house with the 40-foot pool.  What kind of shack did he have in Highland Park?

You get a better picture of the spread if you go to Google Maps and search for Horse Meadow Drive in Fayetteville, AR (satellite view).  Looks like the guest house is the party house based on the location of the pool and outdoor fireplace. Kinda like when you get a hotel room with two beds so you can have activities in one bed and sleep in the other.  

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Arkansas' biggest issue will be converting from Bilema's "three yards and a cloud of dust" power running game to Coach Chad's more balanced attack.  They don't have the pieces yet, but he will do alright with his ties to Texas.  It killed Arkansas' recruiting when they left the SWC and no longer had a presence in Texas.

He was very lucky to inherit Courtland and a bunch of other receivers that were initially Run n Shoot recruits otherwise the running game would not have worked and a lot of his success would have been stunted if they couldn't pass the ball around. I hope Arkansas has a worse 3 season record than SMU did under his regime 😄

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Ray 1

19 hours ago, malonish said:

He was very lucky to inherit Courtland and a bunch of other receivers that were initially Run n Shoot recruits otherwise the running game would not have worked and a lot of his success would have been stunted if they couldn't pass the ball around. I hope Arkansas has a worse 3 season record than SMU did under his regime 😄

This could very easily happen given the competition in the SEC West. Their realistic status in SEC is “lower” in their conference than SMU in the AAC, meaning they are like the 9th -10th best program in the league.

• Upvote 1