CBS Sports Bowl Projections

DeepGreen

Hmmm, I could live with it.

Though I like this one better...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thebiglead.com/2018/08/10/2018-college-football-bowl-predictions/amp/

And this one even better than that...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/athlonsports.com/college-football-bowl-projections-2018%3famp

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Maryland is a mess right now.  Player died after practice the other day and now the coach is under fire, or was released, with claims of a toxic environment.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Venson said:

Agree wholeheartedly with @MeanGreen01

Same here. NM Bowl does none of those things.

I'd add Armed Forces Bowl, Frisco Bowl, Independence Bowl to the positives mentioned category as well. 

(It wouldn't happen but the Sun Bowl in El Paso or Texas Bowl at NRG in Houston would be awesome.)

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

Same here. NM Bowl does none of those things.

I'd add Armed Forces Bowl, Frisco Bowl, Independence Bowl to the positives mentioned category as well. 

(It wouldn't happen but the Sun Bowl in El Paso or Texas Bowl at NRG in Houston would be awesome.)

If we ever end up in Frisco, it would have to be the only option out there.  Stadium is way to small to handle a bowl game with our fan base.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

If we ever end up in Frisco, it would have to be the only option out there.  Stadium is way to small to handle a bowl game with our fan base.

We never sell out anything. Not even close. It would be awesome and have really great optics to have a stadium sell out full of green. Our other options are playing in empty stadiums like the last 3 bowl games. Just like almost every other G5. One looks great and one looks sad. I get we've had 30k+ at the HOD but its pathetically empty when you look around. For recruits, that matters. 

In the end l'm really happy we are playing in bowl games at all...

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, UNTexas said:

We never sell out anything. Not even close. It would be awesome and have really great optics to have a stadium sell out full of green. Our other options are playing in empty stadiums like the last 3 bowl games. Just like almost every other G5. One looks great and one looks sad. I get we've had 30k+ at the HOD but its pathetically empty when you look around. For recruits, that matters. 

In the end l'm really happy we are playing in bowl games at all...

That stadium in Frisco only holds 20,500. You said yourself that we had 30k at HOD.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

That stadium in Frisco only holds 20,500. You said yourself that we had 30k at HOD.  

I absolutely did. I would rather us sell out a smaller, nicer venue and have our fans fighting for tickets as opposed to 70k pathetically empty seats. One we look pathetic and the other we don't.

In Frisco, UNT could also throw parties around town for people who couldn't get tickets. Big TVs at party tents arond the stadium or something. And it's not like we aren't partnered with the Star or the city of Frisco where we are building a new campus.

And we still haven't sold out anything out either. I'm sick of looking like Thursday Night MAC games during bowl season.

Heck, if I were SMU I'd try and get the HOD moved to my campus. We would take that stadium over easily as usual. Plus, I'd love to win a bowl there. 

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

I absolutely did. I would rather us sell out a smaller, nicer venue and have our fans fighting for tickets as opposed to 70k pathetically empty seats. One we look pathetic and the other we don't.

In Frisco, UNT could also throw parties around town for people who couldn't get tickets. Big TVs at party tents arond the stadium or something. And it's not like we aren't partnered with the Star or the city of Frisco where we are building a new campus.

And we still haven't sold out anything out either. I'm sick of looking like Thursday Night MAC games during bowl season.

Heck, if I were SMU I'd try and get the HOD moved to my campus. We would take that stadium over easily as usual. Plus, I'd love to win a bowl there. 

My bad.  I thought you were saying we wouldn’t sell out Frisco either.  

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

Oh! Brings on a flashback. I peeked at one once...it was sorta like THIS:

200w.gif

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

Oh! Brings on a flashback. I peeked at one once...it was sorta like THIS:

200w.gif

I love this!!!

41 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

My bad.  I thought you were saying we wouldn’t sell out Frisco either.  

No worries. We'd probably sell out really fast. I'd be getting a block ASAP.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UNTexas said:

Choking supply in order to put up the perception of higher demand? I’m skeptical.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, UNTexas said:

Lets find the smallest high school available, and try to get NT a game there, were it would assure a sell-out.

I don't understand your point at all, NT should strive to play in a venue that accommodates all fans that want to attend.  Hoping to have 20,000 NT fans at Frisco vs 30,000 or more fans at the HOD bowl is questionable.   

Most fans can figure out that the relationship between stadium size and perceived attendance.  If NT played at Frisco and sold it out, the response would be by the average college football fan; so what it is a tiny stadium.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Ray 2

as long as the season ticket holders get first crack at a Frisco bowl appearance i am ok with it. Is the Frisco bowl televised? SDSU would be handful if we go to the New Mexico Bowl and play them.  Rocky Long always has a good team. Why UNM chased him away I will never know.

Edited by southsideguy